Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Consumer products - the good, the bad, the strange etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Well, you obviously don't know anyone who owns pets. You don't know anyone who wakes up at 5am and thus needs to go to bed early. You don't know anyone with a job that requires them to get up at 4am. You don't know any senior citizens. You don't know anyone who's trying to concentrate on anything. You don't know any veterans with PTSD. You don't know anyone who enjoys the peace and quiet of the neighborhood. You don't know anyone who's trying to listen to music. You don't know anyone with infant children.

But most important, you don't give a shit about such people. Fortunately, around here, such bad-ass tough guys like yourself confined their infantile noise-making to 9pm-10pm on the 3rd and the 4th, when it was only mildly annoying.
    I truly don't care. I have to wake up and go to work every day. But I swear, the few days that it goes on during the year I grin and bear it. I get it pisses people off, but to me I get a kick out of knowing people are blowing stuff up and having a good time. I just drink more coffee in the morning.

And to the pet owners who complain every year. Fireworks have been a thing for way longer than you owned your pooche. If it's that traumatic, don't have a dog. I consider dog crap not picked up, dogs aggressively running at me, dogs licking my hand when I don't want them to, way more intrusive to me than some fireworks that upset muffy.
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

As is often said about police, the best way to demonstrate their bizarre, self-centered, and anti-social nature is simply to encourage them to express their views.

Bought Cheezits the other day, and when I opened them found out they were Cheezits with sweet popcorn also. Can't say I was unhappy, it was good stuff. Look for it, it's a winner.
    In our yellow submarine

I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but I may have gotten some use out of one of the Flex-Seal family of products.

I can be a sucker for some of this crap. I have now bought 3 Flex-Seal products.

1) I bought some Flex-Shot for a bathroom sink that needed to be grouted. But we ended up just getting a new sink.
    2) I bought some Flex-Tape for a garden umbrella with a broken strut. We ended up getting a new umbrella.
    3) I bought some Flex-Glue because the plate for our kitchen faucet was loose. It seems to have done the job.

Thanks Phil.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

OG Cheezits are the best Cheezits. Worst two are the tabasco and toasty.

The jalapeno/jack duoz box is pretty good.

I will never try the grooves ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    OG Cheezits are the best Cheezits. Worst two are the tabasco and toasty.

The jalapeno/jack duoz box is pretty good.

I will never try the grooves ones.
    Jalapeno is an excellent potato chip flavor, especially for Cape Cod and other kettle chips...

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I hope I'm not speaking too soon, but I may have gotten some use out of one of the Flex-Seal family of products.

I can be a sucker for some of this crap. I have now bought 3 Flex-Seal products.

1) I bought some Flex-Shot for a bathroom sink that needed to be grouted. But we ended up just getting a new sink.
    2) I bought some Flex-Tape for a garden umbrella with a broken strut. We ended up getting a new umbrella.
    3) I bought some Flex-Glue because the plate for our kitchen faucet was loose. It seems to have done the job.

Thanks Phil.
    It's best to take a pass when they say , " Call now and we will give you a second one absolutely free . Just pay separate handling. " (The " separate handling " will cost more than you might expect, especially considering that they throw both pieces of crap into the same bag .)

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    It's best to take a pass when they say , " Call now and we will give you a second one absolutely free . Just pay separate handling. " (The " separate handling " will cost more than you might expect, especially considering that they throw both pieces of crap into the same bag .)
    True.

The Flex-Seal stuff can be bought in a lot of stores, so it must be selling pretty well.
    Last edited by Bellhorn04; 07-26-2020 at 07:38 AM.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I have Christmas lights strung up throughout my house. I use different colors in different rooms. It's a mood thing.

In the last few years the quality of the lights have gone down, and they stop working within months, where the old ones use to last close to a year.

I bought this Christmas light bulb tester and repair gun. I really sat down and tried to repair multiple strings of lights. It failed on all of them.

https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Min...46515432&psc=1
    In our yellow submarine

Deity
    17 years ago, I installed three new screen doors on my house in a span of about 24 hours.

This week, two of the pistons on those screen doors ripped out of the frames within a span of 24 hours.

Apparently either the manufacturer's workmanship or mine were remarkably consistent...

Taco Bell taking a chainsaw to their menu has really hurt my feelings this week.

Deity
    Taco Bell taking a chainsaw to their menu has really hurt my feelings this week.
    If they replace that “meat” with the sawdust, expect a marginal improvement in product quality...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    I have Christmas lights strung up throughout my house. I use different colors in different rooms. It's a mood thing.

In the last few years the quality of the lights have gone down, and they stop working within months, where the old ones use to last close to a year.

I bought this Christmas light bulb tester and repair gun. I really sat down and tried to repair multiple strings of lights. It failed on all of them.

https://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Min...46515432&psc=1
    Just get LED lights. They’re less susceptible to planned obsolescence...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    If they replace that “meat” with the sawdust, expect a marginal improvement in product quality...
    Well, they are testing out more plant based protein in Europe. From my experience, the sawdust could be about the same.

Deity
    Well, they are testing out more plant based protein in Europe. From my experience, the sawdust could be about the same.
    And as you know, sawdust is plant based...