Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torii Hunter

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    There are always dopes that yell ethnic slurs from the stands. I sat in the stands at Fenway from the 1940's on. I have heard slurs about Polish, Italian, Latinos and African Americans. I have also seen the love for players like Yaz, Big Papi and Manny. By far, most of the fans are civil and don't engage in name calling.
    At Fenway? Certainly Torii Hunter and Adam Jones (and Carl Crawford) agree. But other parks?

Did Hunter have other teams on his NTC for that reason? Unlike most of us, he’s been to all or nearly all of them...

I hate to say it , but Red Sox fans quite often leave a lot to be desired in their attitude and behavior. That is evident at Fenway and even on this forum of ( allegedly) more educated , refined and sophisticated fans .

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I hate to say it , but Red Sox fans quite often leave a lot to be desired in their attitude and behavior. That is evident at Fenway and even on this forum of ( allegedly) more educated , refined and sophisticated fans .
    100%
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

The player who caused me to switch from being a Brewer fan to a Sox fan, Tommy Harper, faced a lot of racism while with the Sox.

tommy-harper-still-haunted-time-with-red-sox

tommy-harper-says-yawkey-philanthropy-doesn-outweigh-racial-harm
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Maybe those I've heard on various talk radio shows in the last couple of days, claiming that this didn't happen, should read the Red Sox organization's own statement that says it did.

https://www.si.com/mlb/2020/06/10/bo...rs-fenway-park