Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2020 MLB Draft

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I thought all of these guys already signed.
    Oh yeah. I guess they are free agents and not draft picks. This small draft class has confused me a bit...

The signing of 3rd round pick Blaze Jordan makes this a good draft. He is a first round talent. Red Sox strategy in Round 1 pays off.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    The signing of 3rd round pick Blaze Jordan makes this a good draft. He is a first round talent. Red Sox strategy in Round 1 pays off.
    <<< Chaim Bloom fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    That’s what it looks like. Jordan was a fringe first round talent, so if you consider he’d be around #25 or so if signability concerns aren’t taken into account. Consider their first rounder is really a second round talent. Now you’ve gotten first and second round value out of your first and third round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    That’s what it looks like. Jordan was a fringe first round talent, so if you consider he’d be around #25 or so if signability concerns aren’t taken into account. Consider their first rounder is really a second round talent. Now you’ve gotten first and second round value out of your first and third round picks.
    He was the #1 HS prospect for 2021. He reclassed and decided to graduate HS early. I'm not sure he's "fringe first round." If he was signed by the Yanks, you'd be doing backflips over the guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

@PeteAbe
    Red Sox now have all their picks signed.

@shane_dro
    Officially a Boston Red Sox, but I will forever be a Seminole!!

@redsoxstats
    Looks like the Sox spent $120,100 over their draft pool allotment. I believe their penalty for that is a 75% tax on overage, so $90K.