Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox 30 Man Roster

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    See if the kid can hang with the big boys.... if not package him in a deal and move on to 2021
    If he can't, why would anyone want him in a trade?

@RedSox
    The #RedSox today added RHP Seth Blair to their Club Player Pool. To make room for Blair, the Red Sox released OF John Andreoli.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

@KyleAGlaser
    Blair had not pitched since 2014 before making a comeback attempt with the Padres last year. He was up to the mid-90s at Lake Elsinore. Now gets another shot with the Red Sox.

@redsoxstats
    Blair is a hard throwing right hander. He was a 2010 first round pick who took a 5 year break from baseball. He set up a makeshift pitching academy in his back yard during quarantine and had a bunch of pitchers showing up. He's apparently smart and like a coach.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/19/s...ronavirus.html

Stranded M.L.B. Prospects Find a Backyard of Dreams
    Seth Blair, a longtime pitching prospect, set up a practice area in his Arizona backyard and opened it to other players who did not have access to baseball facilities during the game’s shutdown. As many as 15 of them show up in staggered groups on a given day.

@SPChrisHatfield
    For me, the release of Andreoli is the most interesting part of this. Leaves Cesar Puello and Jarren Duran (along with utilityman Yairo Munoz) as the only OFs in Pawtucket. I think this means they're happy with Duran's progress.

@ChrisCotillo
    Red Sox call up Robert Stock from Pawtucket and option Jeffrey Springs to the alternate site.

@ChrisCotillo
    Three of the pitchers the Red Sox were highest on entering the season have now been optioned: Weber, Hall and Springs.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @SPChrisHatfield
    For me, the release of Andreoli is the most interesting part of this. Leaves Cesar Puello and Jarren Duran (along with utilityman Yairo Munoz) as the only OFs in Pawtucket. I think this means they're happy with Duran's progress.
    Or they simply realized Andreoli is not a Major Leaguer.

Puello is actually a good player...

@KyleAGlaser
    Blair had not pitched since 2014 before making a comeback attempt with the Padres last year. He was up to the mid-90s at Lake Elsinore. Now gets another shot with the Red Sox.
    Still skeptical about Blair's Lake effect velo. If this was winter, it'd be two feet of snow...

@byJulianMack
    Sox have sent down Robert Stock in order to activate Kyle Hart.

There will be a bullpen day tomorrow and Eovaldi on Saturday. Bogaerts getting a day off today. Fatigue/tightness in lower half. Will be back in lineup tomorrow. Available to hit tonight.

Josh Taylor has a chance to be activated at some point during the Yankee series. Hernandez could join team shortly after Taylor.

Deity
    Yeah!! Sox bullpen day!!

Said all the Yankee hitters...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Yeah!! Sox bullpen day!!

Said all the Yankee hitters...
    Looks like my Friday night plans are wide open.

Looks like my Friday night plans are wide open.
    Can you throw a splitter?

Legend
    I didn't think this team would be competitive due to the lack of pitching. Some of it has been bad luck with 3 of our better pitchers being down with COVID, but it just demonstrated our lack of pitching depth and development.

I did expect the hitting to be better although some players had shown signs of weakness before and the loss of Mookie is also being felt.

We are totally out of it already so the time has come to see what some of our prospects can do.

In the field, we have a core consisting of Bogaerts, Devers, Vasquez and Verdugo. You can probably add Beni to the list due to his relative youth and prior performance. Arauz is showing himself to be a possible long term second base prospect. We probably want to keep Moreland for another year. JDM may also be with us for another year but is not a long term (2022) answer.

We have very few mashers in our lineup, whereas the Yankees are living up to the Bronx Bomber name with power up and down the lineup. Should we look for more of power hitters.

For prospects who could possibly fill our needs we have Dalbec, Downs and Durran. Time to get them some PT and see who sticks if any. It would be nice to know our desperate needs by the end of the season so we can hit the FA market running.

As far as pitching prospects, we have Mata, Groome, Ward, Houck and Song. Could they be worse than what we are currently throwing out there? I don't get the Sox management approach of sitting on guys that are either going to have to sink or swim in the near future. What ever happened to Felton. He came to the Sox as a player nearly ready for the big time but if anything regressed while in our program.