Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Sox 30 Man Roster

PAWSOX are streaming the bottom 30 in a scrimmage on twitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I was casting doubt on the actual length of his hot start. But I hope he hits to left all summer; JBJ (and just about every batter at every level) is so much better when he tries to go oppo... which keeps him from pulling his head. Unlike Betts, I do think Jackie is committed to testing free agency, so the Dead Sox will surely flip him for a body before then.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    PAWSOX are streaming the bottom 30 in a scrimmage on twitter.
    What is that --the remainder of the 60 man roster?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    I was casting doubt on the actual length of his hot start. But I hope he hits to left all summer; JBJ (and just about every batter at every level) is so much better when he tries to go oppo... which keeps him from pulling his head. Unlike Betts, I do think Jackie is committed to testing free agency, so the Dead Sox will surely flip him for a body before then.
    THey will. But unlikely they get much in return. I predict this year's trade deadline won't involve any marquee prospects. No team is going to give up too much on the off chance there is no post-season.

OK, maybe for players controlled for 2021 and beyond. But not for rentals...

THey will. But unlikely they get much in return. I predict this year's trade deadline won't involve any marquee prospects. No team is going to give up too much on the off chance there is no post-season.

OK, maybe for players controlled for 2021 and beyond. But not for rentals...
    I agree; I didn't say a live body...

What is that --the remainder of the 60 man roster?
    Yes. They are doing full broadcasts with commentary on twitter for their scrimmages.

Yes. They are doing full broadcasts with commentary on twitter for their scrimmages.
    Maybe more fun than the big club.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

@redsoxstats
    Seems like Dalbec is with the Sox in Tampa, though not on the active roster (per @ISteeleABC6) and Groome is expected to pitch in the simulated game at McCoy for the first time today (per @BWMcGair03).

@alexspeier
    Bobby Dalbec is in Tampa Bay -- for now, as part of the Red Sox taxi squad. But could the ongoing struggles of Michael Chavis opening a door for Dalbec's big league debut?

Yes, but I bet we start dicking around with service time like other small market teams do.

Deity
    @alexspeier
    Bobby Dalbec is in Tampa Bay -- for now, as part of the Red Sox taxi squad. But could the ongoing struggles of Michael Chavis opening a door for Dalbec's big league debut?

Yes, but I bet we start dicking around with service time like other small market teams do.
    Right. Let’s not let service time stand in the way of the Sox chances this year..,

Right. Let’s not let service time stand in the way of the Sox chances this year..,
    My point has more to do with furthering Dalbec's development, NOT their playoff hopes this year.

Deity
    My point has more to do with furthering Dalbec's development, NOT their playoff hopes this year.
    But if they hold him back for a bit to keep an extra year, how is that bad? Especially since that deadline has already passed?

But if they hold him back for a bit to keep an extra year, how is that bad? Especially since that deadline has already passed?
    Holding back a player doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If the guy is ready, get him reps.

Deity
    Holding back a player doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If the guy is ready, get him reps.
    Ok but the deadline for an extra year already passed. I don’t think there is any ability, let alone reason, to play service time games...

See if the kid can hang with the big boys.... if not package him in a deal and move on to 2021