Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Likely Yankees Rays Bluejays all come ahead of this train wreck

Likely Yankees Rays Bluejays all come ahead of this train wreck

Who do we trade in a few weeks ? Young pitching is what we want .JDM ?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Who do we trade in a few weeks ? Young pitching is what we want .JDM ?
    It hard to get good young pitching as the teams who would want another bat may also want to keep their pitching. Going back to what Moon was saying in 2019, we may want to part ways with anyone not expected to help us in 2021 and 2022. If Bloom can work trades that help us in the future or with the farm, then we should do it and concentrate on follow-on years.

Would it be completely stupid to shop Devers... if Dalbec can be the answer at 3rd, we could get a couple really good arms in return!

Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    Would it be completely stupid to shop Devers... if Dalbec can be the answer at 3rd, we could get a couple really good arms in return!
    Yes. Dalbec's value isn't that high right now. There is still a lot of uncertainty about if he can hit at a high level. He's more likely the answer at 1B than 3B.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

If the Sox are out of contention this season I could see them being open to trade any player on their roster outside of Devers. In the long run it would probably be better for them to have a bad season and just reset this year, otherwise they could end up like the Giants last year who ended up not trading away any of their baggage because they still had a slim chance at the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    If the Sox are out of contention this season I could see them being open to trade any player on their roster outside of Devers. In the long run it would probably be better for them to have a bad season and just reset this year, otherwise they could end up like the Giants last year who ended up not trading away any of their baggage because they still had a slim chance at the playoffs.
    I agree, except I would also throw Chavis in the no trade list
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Was just curious with the concerns on Devers defense and his continued issues with his weight at times! We don’t have any real future arms in the FS that will lead a rotation! And there is no reason to keep Chavis if he isn’t going to be an everyday starter. We have Downs that can play 2nd and a plethora of equal talent as to what he brings to the INF

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I agree, except I would also throw Chavis in the no trade list
    Why no to him?

Why no to him?
    Seems like a guy you could potentially build a team around
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Seems like a guy you could potentially build a team around
    Not sure about that. He had a hot start last year (10 HRs, .967 OPS through first 27 games) but then was pretty below average the rest of the season (only 8 HRs during the last 67 games, OPS at end of season was down to .766). Granted he was a rookie and one would expect him to improve, but I don't think he showed enough to say that he's off limits.

He seems to be a high k guy with little athleticism. When he's hot, you ride him. However, there'll be a lot of down times. Seems pitchers caught up to him too.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    They're not trading Bogaerts either.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    They're not trading Bogaerts either.
    I’m keeping the X-man for the long haul! Call
    Me crazy but Devers may be a great offensive player for a while...however, if a team needs a power bat and maybe a DH. Hell yes you take young future front end guys to build around!

Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    I’m keeping the X-man for the long haul! Call
    Me crazy but Devers may be a great offensive player for a while...however, if a team needs a power bat and maybe a DH. Hell yes you take young future front end guys to build around!
    I can't see them trading Devers on top of losing Betts. That would not go down well with the Faithful.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

MLB just approved a 16 team playoff bracket for this season. That basically means that hardly any teams will be sellers at the deadline since everyone except the O's will have a shot at the last seed.