Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 7/25 vs O’s

Cobb was very good today; looked a lot like he did in Tampa a few years ago and the few balls the Sox hit hard went right at people. It's baseball.

Perez looked horrible for 2 and then settled down pretty well. From what Eck said, that's been a nasty pattern with him through spring and summer camps.

Benintendi just needs to go up there and attack; that's when he's at his best. He's being too patient and falling behind. Betts could do that, Beni can't.

Devers will come around; i'm not worried about him.

Again folks, why is it a guy goes 0-10 to start the year and it's panic city; he does the same thing in games 40 and 41 and it's just a short slump.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

That's how Perez goes. One terrible inning and then settles down. He can never seem to eliminate that one bad inning.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    That's how Perez goes. One terrible inning and then settles down. He can never seem to eliminate that one bad inning.
    So we got ourselves another Porcello lol.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Just wondering when the clock will run out on Andrew's potential, and refocus on his reality ? Not talking about these first two games alone (SSS) but the whole 2019 season .
    2019 wasn't as good as previous years (he's not alone in that). But the reality seems to be that he's a .270+ hitter (which is 20 points higher than the average MLB). So I'd take it, no?
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    2019 wasn't as good as previous years (he's not alone in that). But the reality seems to be that he's a .270+ hitter (which is 20 points higher than the average MLB). So I'd take it, no?
    Maybe he’s just not a top of the order guy?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Webers turn.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Maybe he’s just not a top of the order guy?
    Maybe so. But then, we're talking about one extra AB (... GOSH! Benetendi's initials are the same as At Bat!!! Who knew? [maybe I should cut down on my ... smoking]). If you don't put JD or Devers there (and that doesn't really work), isn't Benetendi as good as anyone else? Or do you believe in the added pressure of batting first?
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.