Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Batting Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    Devers..... 1-14 with 6 K’s. Maybe those 15lbs he gained in the offseason are slowing him down or is it the fact he swings out of his shoes on every pitch?
    Devers - 3 errors in 4 games thus far! Safe to say, no gold glove for him this year.

A hitting coach could make a fortune if he could get hitters to go the other way or lay a bunt down the line.... the damn shift suuuccckks

Legend
    I like what he just did.... will help him tremendously if he can just drop that bunt down and get teams out of the shift!
    The bunt for a base hit was a good idea and the stolen base was as well. He followed that up with 4 very weak AB's. Right now he is 1 for 15 and the worst hitter on the Sox. He will continue to face good pitching so needs some change to get him started. I have no idea what would work. Tough love? A drop to the bottom of the order?

One bright spot was Godley who went 4 innings with 7 SO's. Not much velocity but a deceptive curve ball.

A hitting coach could make a fortune if he could get hitters to go the other way or lay a bunt down the line.... the damn shift suuuccckks
    Shifting every batter is obnoxious, and teams deserve to get burned when analytics over-analyze. Boston shifting on the Orioles' unproven rookie leadoff man was just obnoxious; he smirked and hit a grounder to the wide open right side into right field. Some clever upper management type must have thought they found the next Jim Thome.

Legend
    Roenicke was quoted today when he indicated Beni has a leg kick issue and that is throwing off his timing. He tends to be trying to catch up (speed up his bat) and so far that isn't working. The article indicates no one looks more lost at the plate on the Red Sox roster than Beni. Roenicke indicates that he plans to use Pillar against lefty pitching plus different pairings of the 3 lefty outfielders on the roster. Verdugo's success against lefties is a consideration. He implies that the choice will be based on who is hot and at this time Beni is not, with 2 hits in 21 ABs and one of those a bunt. Maybe it is like AAA, first you have to admit you have a problem before you can proceed to correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    Roenicke was quoted today when he indicated Beni has a leg kick issue and that is throwing off his timing. He tends to be trying to catch up (speed up his bat) and so far that isn't working. The article indicates no one looks more lost at the plate on the Red Sox roster than Beni. Roenicke indicates that he plans to use Pillar against lefty pitching plus different pairings of the 3 lefty outfielders on the roster. Verdugo's success against lefties is a consideration. He implies that the choice will be based on who is hot and at this time Beni is not, with 2 hits in 21 ABs and one of those a bunt. Maybe it is like AAA, first you have to admit you have a problem before you can proceed to correct it.
    I dont think taking Benintendi out of the lineup is helping anything.....I think keeping him at about a number 5 hitter will take some pressure off of him as far as being the leadoff hitter and struggling.... Hes in a slump and I would expect him to get thru it eventually....I dont think putting him on the bench is helping.....i'll tell you what, Id rather have him in my lineup batting 9th then that rookie Arrauz or whatever his name is

I think JD, Moreland, and Benintendi should be in the lineup every day unless if Chavis has better numbers against an opposing pitcher than Moreland does

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Devers - 3 errors in 4 games thus far! Safe to say, no gold glove for him this year.
    No errors the next 8 games. Almost as if the weird summer camp format this year didn't help him get ready for the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalas21000 View Post
    I think JD, Moreland, and Benintendi should be in the lineup every day unless if Chavis has better numbers against an opposing pitcher than Moreland does
    Benintendi will lead off again today, so you get your wish. If he lays another egg, expect Roenicke to move him down in the order as he mentioned that Verdugo may be the replacement leadoff htter.

I’d like to see Duran get some at-bats this season.

Maybe give Benintendi some time on the dl and give Duran a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    I’d like to see Duran get some at-bats this season.

Maybe give Benintendi some time on the dl and give Duran a chance.
    I think that's rushing him a little too quickly since he only hit .250 at AA last year.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I think that's rushing him a little too quickly since he only hit .250 at AA last year.
    Compared to Benintendi's hitting Jarren's couldn't be much of a loss and the kid might bring enthusiasm, which is much needed.

Deity
    Compared to Benintendi's hitting Jarren's couldn't be much of a loss and the kid might bring enthusiasm, which is much needed.
    Duran could easily hit worse than Benintendi. I’m not so sure I want Duran starting in the OF in 2021, let alone 2020...

I think that wins and losses don't matter to Bloom this year. If he thought it would best for Jarren's development to be up in BOS, he'd be there.

@alexspeier
    Roenicke says both Benintendi and Verdugo would prefer to hit second, and team is continuing to try to find best lineup composition. He liked Benintendi leading off and Verdugo second based on pinch-hitting possibilities late in game.