Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eduardo Rodriguez COVID thread

Quote Originally Posted by Larry33 View Post
    The way the MLB is going about playing the season is very irresponsible. Yesterday 4 Florida Marlins tested positive for covid 19 pitcher Jose Urena catcher Jorge Alfaro first baseman Garrett Cooper and outfielder Harold Ramirez. The Marlins manager Don Mattingly said that we are taking risks everyday by playing baseball. There's too many unknown from this virus as it can attack each individual differently some recovers fully while some has secondary effects such as Rodriguez which attack the heart some have irreversible lung damage.

The NHL has done it right it gathered all the teams into 2 cities upon arrival they go to the designated hotel they quarantine for 14 days nobody leaves the bubble all the food is brought in the only travel is to the arena on the team bus and back to the hotel nobody leaves the bubble for any reason they are stuck there for 2 months until the season over, Unlike the MLB which allows team to travel within the epicentre corona virus the US and to the hotspots of the virus. The Canadian government was smart by not allowing the Blue Jays to play in Canada they put their citizen ahead of sports and that's why Canada has flatten the curve and their numbers are steadily going down.

The US has 10 times the population of Canada the US recorded 38 times more covid 19 cases and 17 times more death than Canada while both countries are neighbouring each other they're going in entirely in different direction Canada has flatten the curve and slowly showing sign of total recovery while The US is surging and breaking new record high in infections daily.
    Consequently this MLB season may not make it very far.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry33 View Post
    The way the MLB is going about playing the season is very irresponsible. Yesterday 4 Florida Marlins tested positive for covid 19 pitcher Jose Urena catcher Jorge Alfaro first baseman Garrett Cooper and outfielder Harold Ramirez. The Marlins manager Don Mattingly said that we are taking risks everyday by playing baseball. There's too many unknown from this virus as it can attack each individual differently some recovers fully while some has secondary effects such as Rodriguez which attack the heart some have irreversible lung damage.

The NHL has done it right it gathered all the teams into 2 cities upon arrival they go to the designated hotel they quarantine for 14 days nobody leaves the bubble all the food is brought in the only travel is to the arena on the team bus and back to the hotel nobody leaves the bubble for any reason they are stuck there for 2 months until the season over, Unlike the MLB which allows team to travel within the epicentre corona virus the US and to the hotspots of the virus. The Canadian government was smart by not allowing the Blue Jays to play in Canada they put their citizen ahead of sports and that's why Canada has flatten the curve and their numbers are steadily going down.

The US has 10 times the population of Canada the US recorded 38 times more covid 19 cases and 17 times more death than Canada while both countries are neighbouring each other they're going in entirely in different direction Canada has flatten the curve and slowly showing sign of total recovery while The US is surging and breaking new record high in infections daily.
    As we saw with the NBA bubble and players sneaking out, human nature will always bring too much risk. Does having everyone in one location actually make it worse when someone inevitably gets sick? Is the bubble life causing people to drop their guard around others also in the bubble?

I think MLB is in a better position to play during a pandemic because there is less human contact. NBA/NHL/NFL all seem much riskier to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Triple A
    I don't think the MLB is better position than any other sport there still no social distancing everyone together in the clubhouse, team bus, airplane and dugouts. Heck I've been watching the game they're not wearing mask the sitting and talking within close proximity. Plus they're travelling across a country that's the world covid 19 hotspot with 40 of 50 state surging in new cases. The commissioner is as crazy as your dumb f@#k President he's too stupid to realize that you need to have strict measures to c this virus under control.

I can see a bunch of players getting infected that is going to force this season cancelled before it's played out.

They’re the easiest game to distance but their commissioner once again showed how fucking stupid he is. The NBA got it right. There’s NO way to ensure social distancing without a bubble. It takes one player to cause an outbreak

ERod out for the season. No surprise

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    ERod out for the season. No surprise
    Thanks for the news I’m sure you couldn’t wait .So on time .I hope this season is cancelled yesterday what an absolute train wreck

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Thanks for the news I’m sure you couldn’t wait .So on time .I hope this season is cancelled yesterday what an absolute train wreck
    I’d rather the Sox reset.

Just trade everybody not part of the 2021 or maybe even 2022 plan.

Let's make us better long term.

The short term is a massive cliff.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Who is the Simpleton that let the marlin players go to a bar??

Can you say moron? Does anybody in that organization have any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Who is the Simpleton that let the marlin players go to a bar??

Can you say moron? Does anybody in that organization have any sense?
    That would be Manfred.

This is exactly why the colleges need to shut down all fall sports this year.

The mac and the Ivy League are shutting downs football and the other conferences need to as well. Then basketball and the other fall/winter spirts should be shut down as well.

This virus is deadly serious, why aren’t we taking it as such!

Jacko,

Can you give us some thoughts as to what you are thinking about this now?

Legend
    What are the chances the Red Sox do not tender Eduardo Rodriguez a 2021 contract working off the lefthander's 2020 salary of $8.3 million? If the Sox do not tender Rodriguez a contract, will Rodriguez look elsewhere instead of negotiating a lower salary with the Sox? Does Rodriguez harbor ill feelings after losing in arbitration last offseason when the panel went with the team's $8.3 million figure over his proposal of $8.975 million? MLB Trade Rumors had projected Rodriguez with a 2020 salary of $9.5 million coming off his 19-win season.

Rodriguez is scheduled to become a free agent after the 2021 season.

The offseason could be more interesting than the 2020 season.

Or not.

I doubt players hold significant and long-lasting grudges over arbitration rulings against them.

Usually, the differences are not that stark, and $8.3M for an oft-injured pitcher is pretty damn good.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?