Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jbj

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    But are you sure he's in one of the epic hot streaks?
    No.

I am not currently for moving JBJ into the top 5 slots. This is a tiny sample size.

I don't think anything will work. We are headed towards a sub .500 season, at best, and maybe the worst record in MLB.

The cliff is here as predicted by some.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    No.

I am not currently for moving JBJ into the top 5 slots. This is a tiny sample size.

I don't think anything will work. We are headed towards a sub .500 season, at best, and maybe the worst record in MLB.

Jeez moon, we were just talking about JBJ's spot in the lineup. Everything doesn't have to be about the cliff. Congrats though.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Why would you want to trade Moreland? Are you kidding? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Maybe someone would trade for Moreland if he stays hot!
    Why would you want to trade Moreland? Are you kidding? lol

No.

I disagree with you saying nothing will work....So youre saying we should just give up then?

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't matter whether you buy into it; it matters if the player buys into it.

The modest offensive success Bradley has had over his 7 big league seasons has come at the bottom of the line-up. When he has moved up, the results have been very poor (admittedly SSS).
    I wouldnt give up on him just for that.....Who else is a good lead off hitter on this team? Benintendi cant hit the ball, Peraza doesnt know Fenway Park and how to run bases there yet lol......Its a 60 game season...They dont have time to wait for their regulars to start hitting

Quote Originally Posted by Dalas21000 View Post
    I disagree with you saying nothing will work....So youre saying we should just give up then?
    Saying nothing will work is not saying we should give up.

We should try anything that makes sense to help us win as many games as possible.

My guess is, we will be one of the worst teams in MLB, this year. Our pitching sucks.

BTW, JBJ is 1 for his last 9, so moving people around based on 3 good games is usually not my idea of a good move. I was for moving him up, last year, after he was hot for over 10 games. It's not like I'm never for moving hot players up.
    Sox 4 Ever

Does anyone know why JBJs not playing today? Is it really a good time to start sitting him in a 60 game season?

Saying nothing will work is not saying we should give up.

We should try anything that makes sense to help us win as many games as possible.

My guess is, we will be one of the worst teams in MLB, this year. Our pitching sucks.

BTW, JBJ is 1 for his last 9, so moving people around based on 3 good games is usually not my idea of a good move. I was for moving him up, last year, after he was hot for over 10 games. It's not like I'm never for moving hot players up.
    And hes 8 for 16 overall....lol

We also have Peraza leading off right now....Had trouble running the bases at Fenway....I think Bradley is probably the best base runner on the team(fastest at least)...Id rather take one more chance on him I think than Peraza but it is what it is

Legend
    JBJs .600 BA got him batting 7th now...but no Moreland or Benintendi in the lineup....If I were the coach, Moreland is playing every game...NO EXCUSES
    Decisions are made by persons with more information and better judgment than we internet posters have.

Yes, that is funny.

He's actually 8 for 20:

7 for his first 9 (.778)
    1 for his last 11 (.091)

Last edited by moonslav59; 07-30-2020 at 08:32 PM.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Decisions are made by persons with more information and better judgment than we internet posters have.
    Yes, and Moreland and Beni, as well as JBJ have had some pretty bad numbers vs lefties over their career and recently.

Moreland .671 vs LHPs career/.598 in 2019
    JBJ .672 career/ .640 in 2020
    Beni .693 career/ .796 last year

Sox 4 Ever

Yes, that is funny.

He's actually 8 for 20:

7 for his first 9 (.778)
    1 for his last 11 (.091)

Because of the shortened season, JBJ will have shorter hot and cold streaks.

oops.