Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moreland

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I feel like Moreland gets off to a hot start every year, at which point you guys all love him. But by the end of the year you're usually calling him garbage. Maybe this mini season will change that though!
    Moreland is probably one of those guys who’s a better teammate than player. Statistically, it seems like he’s always the easiest guy to improve upon, but the Sox keep showing they just don’t want to...

I went to the offseason thread about re-signing Mitch, but it was just people yelling about Ryan Weber.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I went to the offseason thread about re-signing Mitch, but it was just people yelling about Ryan Weber.
    Now Weber I think has some seriously good blackmail on Bloom. As in “I’m the number three starter or these photos wind up with CNN.”

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Now Weber I think has some seriously good blackmail on Bloom. As in “I’m the number three starter or these photos wind up with CNN.”
    SSS alert!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I haven't checked in a while, and I just have to say this: Mitch Moreland has heart and grit and clutch all over him, and this sonofabitch Roenicke not only plants him on the bench in a HR paradise for lefties--Yankee Stadium--but he actually pinch hits for him AFTER MORELAND CAME IN THE GAME FOR SHITVIS, who can't help himself from swinging at any pitch at his eyes and certainly can't catch up to a MLB fastball....Moreland walks in his only appearance and has rotted on the bench as teams throw lefties knowing full well Mitch won't be in the lineup. It's a 60-game season and you won't let a guy who has hit numerous 8th or 9th inn or extra inning big home runs bat v. a lefty in the 9th inning of a game he doesn't start. It's the height of ridiculous managing. Screw Chaim and RR and this bullshit edition of the Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by dannycater View Post
    I haven't checked in a while, and I just have to say this: Mitch Moreland has heart and grit and clutch all over him, and this sonofabitch Roenicke not only plants him on the bench in a HR paradise for lefties--Yankee Stadium--but he actually pinch hits for him AFTER MORELAND CAME IN THE GAME FOR SHITVIS, who can't help himself from swinging at any pitch at his eyes and certainly can't catch up to a MLB fastball....Moreland walks in his only appearance and has rotted on the bench as teams throw lefties knowing full well Mitch won't be in the lineup. It's a 60-game season and you won't let a guy who has hit numerous 8th or 9th inn or extra inning big home runs bat v. a lefty in the 9th inning of a game he doesn't start. It's the height of ridiculous managing. Screw Chaim and RR and this bullshit edition of the Sox.
    I hear you Danny.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    The only reason to bench Moreland is to showcase Chavis. Moreland has a $3mill team option, so is very likely to be manning first in Boston in 2021, assuming there is a season...

showcasing Chavswingandamissvis is not helping the Sox nor the kid's value.

They should have traded him last year.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Since going 0 for the first 3 games, Chavis has hit .351 and slugged .649.

No walks, however...

Platinum Sombrero--5 Ks for Chavis...pinch hit for by RR in the 9th inning like he embarrassed Moreland by doing so? Of course not, let the kid further embarrass himself. RR needs to be fired. Chavis needs a trip to the minors, average down to .245 and let's face it, Moreland goes 2-for-3, keeps chugging along despite how RR won't let him hit v. lefties.

Deity
    Platinum Sombrero--5 Ks for Chavis...pinch hit for by RR in the 9th inning like he embarrassed Moreland by doing so? Of course not, let the kid further embarrass himself. RR needs to be fired. Chavis needs a trip to the minors, average down to .245 and let's face it, Moreland goes 2-for-3, keeps chugging along despite how RR won't let him hit v. lefties.
    Moreland has a career .673 OPS vs LHP. I've certainly seen worse from a LHH. Chavis career OPS vs LHP is .771. Marginally better, but it's .882 this year against LHP. His OPS since that first series is .852 on the season against all pitchers.

Moreland is off to a great start, but Chavis is not holding this team back. The Sox pitching gave up 13 runs; you're not going to win many games if any when that happens...

Deity
    On other threads, we have fans insisting it's time to give the kids a shot because this season is over. But here we have a situation where a kid is getting some time and people want him sent down to the minors (who are not even having a season this year)..

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    On other threads, we have fans insisting it's time to give the kids a shot because this season is over. But here we have a situation where a kid is getting some time and people want him sent down to the minors (who are not even having a season this year)..
    What, the fans are not all on the same page?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    What, the fans are not all on the same page?
    I'm shocked, too...