Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roenicke

Roenicke

Where was Roenicke on that double play back to 1st base by Judge? Wasnt he safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalas21000 View Post
    Where was Roenicke on that double play back to 1st base by Judge? Wasnt he safe?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dalas21000 View Post
    Pillar

No review?

Its not a good time to be sitting JD Martinez either....He will heat up eventually

Any game related posts should be made in that day's game thread. Every thought you have does NOT need to be its own thread
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Is Roenicke just playing out the season without any care how we play before he rides off into the sunset and calls it a career?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Is Roenicke just playing out the season without any care how we play before he rides off into the sunset and calls it a career?
    Really can't see Roenicke coming back. His team has no energy and I don't think he is the personality to bring it. Some of these deadheads need a rude awakening, hitters and pitchers

Just think of two words: kumar rocker!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Really can't see Roenicke coming back. His team has no energy and I don't think he is the personality to bring it. Some of these deadheads need a rude awakening, hitters and pitchers
    Is there a manager anywhere in baseball history who can win when handed a team with Ryan Weber as the #3 starter?

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Is there a manager anywhere in baseball history who can win when handed a team with Ryan Weber as the #3 starter?
    I agree that the pitching is very weak and winning will be tough, but what about our vaunted offense? At least for now, only a few players look like ML hitters.

As fans we're disappointed, but it's also important to remember these are young guys struggling in a confusing and even dangerous time. Players like Devers and Benintendi are good major leaguers in current funks, but imagine how much harder it is for coaches or teammates to help them out with instructive words of encouragement behind masks (I speak from experience as a Little League coach this summer). Other factors that could affect motivation may include the non-competitive pitching, the absence of energetic personalities like Betts and Cora, and even the now-restricted tech contributions of video guru JD Martinez.

None of this is Roenicke's fault... but you can't fire the players.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    As fans we're disappointed, but it's also important to remember these are young guys struggling in a confusing and even dangerous time. Players like Devers and Benintendi are good major leaguers in current funks, but imagine how much harder it is for coaches or teammates to help them out with instructive words of encouragement behind masks (I speak from experience as a Little League coach this summer). Other factors that could affect motivation may include the non-competitive pitching, the absence of energetic personalities like Betts and Cora, and even the now-restricted tech contributions of video guru JD Martinez.
    Plus the fact that our pitching staff is almost entirely a collection of what dgalehouse calls 'ham and eggers'. It's a team with no chance, on top of all the other difficulties you quite rightly pointed out.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post

None of this is Roenicke's fault... but you can't fire the players.
    I don't buy giving excuses to major league players who don't get it done. I don't blame Roenicke for players not doing their part. I do blame him when he makes bad decisions, but there are not enough incidences yet to form an opinion. The management probably will look for a replacement this off season. Oh, you can get rid of players who don't perform. Just have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    I don't buy giving excuses to major league players who don't get it done. I don't blame Roenicke for players not doing their part. I do blame him when he makes bad decisions, but there are not enough incidences yet to form an opinion. The management probably will look for a replacement this off season.
    Hopefully the look will include Alex Cora.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.