Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 8/02 SOX @ Yankems

Deity
    This team has gone back to being doormats against the skankees. This season can’t end quickly enough. Probably draft another bust in the draft.

With ER out for the season, the Red Sox have a rotation of 1 Eovaldi0 and 1/2 (Perez).
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Half game ahead of Pitt, who is 2-7.

Trade JD.
    Trade Hembree.
    Trade JBJ.
    Trade Pillar.
    Bring up some kids.

Go Sox in 2021!

Sox 4 Ever

Skankees have won six straight against the Red Sox and 11 of 12 since last year. And, yes, it can only get worse.
    Frank Malzone 1930-2015 R.I.P.

Well, the Sox biggest issue is their SP, but they handed a lead to their setup man. He had nobody on with 2 outs and gave up 3 runs. The roster construction for 2020 has been blatant in the tanking category. My bet is the spare parts on this team either get sold off if the season continues or shut down and rosters frozen if the season is locked

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

Trade JD.
    Trade Hembree.
    Trade JBJ.
    Trade Pillar.
    Bring up some kids.

Go Sox in 2021!

Trades will be difficult this season. If any can be made, it should be those players who are unlikely to help us in 2021 and especially 2022 and are expensive to keep.

Pitching needs to be revamped. Lets hope Bloom can make the kind of progress with our pitching that he made with the Rays. It may take a couple of years. Sale will be iffy when he gets back but I am hoping E-Rod can return to form. Real pitching prospects are hard to come by through the trade route so we need to look in the draft.

i too am an advocate of bringing up any prospects who have a chance of making the team next year so they can be assessed.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Well, the Sox biggest issue is their SP, but they handed a lead to their setup man. He had nobody on with 2 outs and gave up 3 runs. The roster construction for 2020 has been blatant in the tanking category. My bet is the spare parts on this team either get sold off if the season continues or shut down and rosters frozen if the season is locked
    I'm not sure Barnes is even a spare part anymore. Sometimes relievers just fall off a cliff. Maybe that's the case here.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I'm not sure Barnes is even a spare part anymore. Sometimes relievers just fall off a cliff. Maybe that's the case here.
    RR and Bloom need to find a way to fit him in when he is going to be most productive. He has the talent. His breaking ball is dirty and he still throws near 100. His issues are between his ears.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Agreed.

Deity
    Sox now have the worst ERA in MLB, the 2d worst WHIP, and the 2d most dingers given up.

Last night's loss was the perfect coda to this season to date. It's just 10 games, but there are only 50 left. And thank goodness for that.

Agree with moonslav59's predilection for trades.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Sox now have the worst ERA in MLB, the 2d worst WHIP, and the 2d most dingers given up.

Last night's loss was the perfect coda to this season to date. It's just 10 games, but there are only 50 left. And thank goodness for that.

Agree with moonslav59's predilection for trades.

Something tells me, we aren’t making playoffs.

Trade JD.
    Trade Hembree.
    Trade JBJ.
    Trade Pillar.
    Bring up some kids.

Go Sox in 2021!

Can we keep JD Moon ? Can’t we have shiny stuff too ? In all seriousness this may happen .

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    RR and Bloom need to find a way to fit him in when he is going to be most productive. He has the talent. His breaking ball is dirty and he still throws near 100. His issues are between his ears.
    Sad thing is guys a freaking stud arm wise .I don’t know if it’s a confidence issue or just horrible coaching ? I think one may have fead off the other ? Trade the guy to Dodgers or Houston and watch his career take off ....maybe package Benny and Barnes ? Both need a change of scenery and from our eyes .What about JD Benny Barnes for Kopech Lol just a few years ago they may have broke a tail bone for this .Now ? Wishful thinking
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 08-03-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Oilers won

So there’s that.