Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread - 08/05 - Sox (Perez) at Rays (Yarbrough)

Rays have had lead-off batter on base 5 times in 6 innings. Pretty sure this wasn't part of the pre-game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It’s called a reverse lock. It worked out well.

Yup, like when I compared the SOX offense to a Charlie Chaplin movie, and Verdugo immediately hit a dinger.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    The 'Perfection Line' has been perfectly awful so far.
    The Bruins look like a shell of themselves after the long break. Missing Pasternak doesn’t help either.

I'm gonna refrain from using 'reverse locks' too often during games. They shouldn't be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    The Bruins look like a shell of themselves after the long break. Missing Pasternak doesn’t help either.
    Pasternak missing? He's been on the ice these last two games, although like the other 2 guys on the 1st line, he does appear to be 'missing' at times.

Pasternak missing? He's been on the ice these last two games, although like the other 2 guys on the 1st line, he does appear to be 'missing' at times.
    I meant that he was out a while which messed with the chemistry. They look disoriented and at times, disinterested. This whole year is just a crapshoot for sports.

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    I meant that he was out a while which messed with the chemistry. They look disoriented and at times, disinterested. This whole year is just a crapshoot for sports.
    True, but at least the NHL is doing this planning of the season better than the MLB or the NBA. Not surprising though, because I've always felt that the NHL was the best organized of the four major team sports.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 08-05-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Amazing what good pitching does.

Brewer looked good. Brice was slinging it.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Amazing what good pitching does.
    Also good to see the SOX are the team with the 5 runs for a change.

Remy loving Days of Our Lives is the best.

Barnes throwing FBs?!?!?

SOX off tomorrow and then 3 against Toronto and then followed by 4 against Tampa. It appears I won't receive a televised game until the 14th when the SOX play the Yankems. MLB network may surprise me though like they did tonight, but I tend to doubt it.
    Oh, well, not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Remy loving Days of Our Lives is the best.
    I miss Remy. Always liked him.

True, but at least the NHL is doing this planning of the season better than the MLB or the NBA. Not surprising though, because I've always felt that the NHL was the best organized of the four major team sports.
    What's wrong with what the NBA has done? They've certainly handled this much better than MLB or (damn!) the NFL and NCAA. (Bettman is on a roll, I admit. Not only has he managed to salvage a season--at least, for now-- he also gets credit for the 3-man overtime, which I think ROCKS.)
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.