Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Brice

Brice

I dont know if anyone else saw this, but; the other day when that Brice pitcher opened the game ...pitched only the first inning(scoreless) was taken out and every other pitcher got hit around...I thought they should have left him in regardless of whether he was the opener or whatever....Im not sure if anyone else saw him but I was thinking he might be a good candidate to be a starter not just an opener...Looks like he will pitch in relief today, so we'll see if he keeps it up....But, in that 1st inning he pitched, he was getting no calls from the ump but still got out of the inning scoreless....Im thinking Roenicke looked at him as shaky...But I think he could go longer

He pitched against the Yankees in the finale....But, NYs guys were not hitting him well....I was mad when they took him out because I thought he could do danage against them...they took him out and all of the relievers were getting hit up like crazy

1-2-3 7th inning against the Rays so far tonight

If Im the coach, Brice pitches the 8th and the 9th as well...Barnes has blown too many games this year already

Quote Originally Posted by Dalas21000 View Post
    If Im the coach, Brice pitches the 8th and the 9th as well...Barnes has blown too many games this year already
    I really agree with this .I look at this guy like our stopper now .Hembre Workman Brice are my guys with Barnes sprinkled in as needed .Bullpen needs another guy to step up .Rotation right now is Evo and pray for rain so I’d like to see a couple guys on the farm get a call up .

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    I really agree with this .I look at this guy like our stopper now .Hembre Workman Brice are my guys with Barnes sprinkled in as needed .Bullpen needs another guy to step up .Rotation right now is Evo and pray for rain so I’d like to see a couple guys on the farm get a call up .
    Who would be the first guys called up?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    Who would be the first guys called up?
    There’s no one worth calling up right now...

Brice is a two pitch pitcher and his offspeed stuff looked mediocre last time out. He has only pitched over 3 innings once in the past 5 years. I think he's a guy you could put out there for 1-2 innings, anything more than that isn't a safe bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Brice is a two pitch pitcher and his offspeed stuff looked mediocre last time out. He has only pitched over 3 innings once in the past 5 years. I think he's a guy you could put out there for 1-2 innings, anything more than that isn't a safe bet.
    But watching people try to build a great pitching staff by filling roles with these arms is like watching someone try to build a moonbound rocket with scrap metal found around the house...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But watching people try to build a great pitching staff by filling roles with these arms is like watching someone try to build a moonbound rocket with scrap metal found around the house...
    That's why I was confused why they didn't just have Johnson on the roster and at least have 4 "starters" going into the season. If Weber is out of the picture, it's Eovaldi/Perez/Godley/TBD/TBD. I understand having a bullpen game for the 5th starter, but you need to have Johnson or Hart or whoever as the 4th starter.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")