Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Do 2020 Celtics have a legit shot?

Do 2020 Celtics have a legit shot?

2 big wins. Tonight a BIG come from 14pts down 128 - 101 win against the 76'rs.

* My west coast Blazers are making the dominant Lakers look mortal.

FUN STUFF!

GO Celtics!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Well the Raptors sure look good against the Nets, but the Nets are pretty depleted. It will be a fun series for sure. I'm curious to see what happens to the Bucks. I don't think they are in danger yet, but a physical team like Indiana or Miami can easily wear them down. It's definitely exciting.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

I think whoever wins the West will probably win the Finals. I could see Boston pulling an upset over the Raptors, and maybe Boston'll get lucky and the Bucks will get bounced before they get back into form, so then the Celts would end up playing the Heat or Pacers in order to make the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    I think whoever wins the West will probably win the Finals. I could see Boston pulling an upset over the Raptors, and maybe Boston'll get lucky and the Bucks will get bounced before they get back into form, so then the Celts would end up playing the Heat or Pacers in order to make the Finals.
    Agreed. The Lakers are in for a dogfight against Portland, and I think the Rockets can hang with them if they get Westbrook back and Harden gets as hot as Lilliard is right now. The Clippers have a relatively easy road, at least until the WCF. I think Dallas is a tougher matchup than either Denver or Utah. But I'd say that the Lakers, Clippers, and maybe even Nuggets are all better than the Celtics. If the Celtics do get lucky and get to the Finals, they would likely have to get lucky again. But who knows? Maybe Portland and Dallas send shock waves throughout the bubble. No home court advantage makes it really hard to get momentum back in a series after you've lost it, and both Portland and Dallas have it right now. Tonight's POR-LAL game should be fun
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

2 - 0 in the second round with Raptors
    * Tatum breaking out as a rising star

* Kemba Walker OVER Kyrie, has united this team

Like a completely different team!
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Lmao helllllll nooooo they are so soft it’s awkward watching them get man handled .Unwatchable chokers

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Lmao helllllll nooooo they are so soft it’s awkward watching them get man handled .Unwatchable chokers
    Celtics won a VERY UGLY Game 7 against a very respectable Raptor team.

Jalen Brown, Walker, & others will really need to step up if they hope to compete with the dominant Jimmy Butler & co. on the Heat!

STILL....

Tatum IS ABSOLUTELY a rising star, who has the potential to become everything Pierce was & perhaps more? The kid is damned good. He & the team fell asleep in this game 7, and will not compete with the Heat if they play like they did in this UGLY Game 7.

They will bounce back! I absolutely love Brad Stevens!
    Love Walker, but he was flat bad in game 7.

I think if we had a great C & a healthy Hayward, the C's would be tough to beat. Theis is good, & Kanter is ok...
    BUT.. we are Center away from a Title?
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Total GAG job again tonight by the SOFT CELTS

Annnnnd there it is GAG

Did it ever occur to you that the Heat just might be the better team?

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Did it ever occur to you that the Heat just might be the better team?
    Not a freaking chance.The Celtics are a special team if they will just toughen the hell up .I am siiiiiiiiiickened by this team right now they should be up 2 games .

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Not a freaking chance.The Celtics are a special team if they will just toughen the hell up .I am siiiiiiiiiickened by this team right now they should be up 2 games .
    Hard to believe that you're the same dude who yelled at all of us back in April about caring about sports when people are dying. People are still dying, so why do you care about sports right now? Practice what you preach, mijo

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Hard to believe that you're the same dude who yelled at all of us back in April about caring about sports when people are dying. People are still dying, so why do you care about sports right now? Practice what you preach, mijo
    STrangely enough ... Despite Swi's lunatic rants, I think the Celtics have more talent. However, it seems they are all standing around in the second half, waiting for Tatum to play 1 on 3 ball.

It's bizzare.

They may wake up & go on a tear, but they are still 2 players away from a championship.

Still love these kids. Its a bit painful to watch though.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19

Celtics 117 - 106 Heat

Simple BALANCED offense

JB 26
    JT 25
    KW 21
    MS 20
    Theis 8
    GH 6

The Celtics have the fire power to win the East.

LAL or Denver? Now that's a tall order.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19