Register now to remove this ad

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 641

Thread: Why was Mookie traded, exactly?

  1. #346
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    35,861
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Maybe he should have been. Maeda could have been controlled for 4 years at $12.5mill total. That's a crazy good bargain...
    I wanted us to get Maeda with Verdugo, but I think Bloom wanted prospects.
    Sox 4 Ever

  2. #347
    Legend
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    9,582
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I think you're just trying to save John Henry some money
    Oh notin now I can't help myself - a softball lobbed perfectly into my minimal power zone. Almost everybody on here is trying to save JH some money. "Talksox Forum" has fiscal soundness as a top priority! lol

  3. #348
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    20,078
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Oh notin now I can't help myself - a softball lobbed perfectly into my minimal power zone. Almost everybody on here is trying to save JH some money. "Talksox Forum" has fiscal soundness as a top priority! lol
    LOL Iím guessing itís time to retire if youíre missing those easy lobs by that much. Might be time to consider shuffleboard...

  4. #349
    Deity Slasher9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    12,187
    the Boston Red Sox have a budget. does anyone not believe this to be fact?
    other names i have posted under: none

  5. #350
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    38,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    the Boston Red Sox have a budget. does anyone not believe this to be fact?
    Yes, they have a budget. It's why they've been laying off office staff recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

  6. #351
    Do you ever get the feeling that the whole world is a carnival , and we are the marks ?

  7. #352
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    28,250
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Do you ever get the feeling that the whole world is a carnival , and we are the marks ?
    I'm pretty cynical about a lot of things, but I'm not quite that cynical.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  8. #353
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    20,078
    Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Do you ever get the feeling that the whole world is a carnival , and we are the marks ?
    For you, denny

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PuC7xyJsBQ

  9. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Pretty good . An underrated flick was " Carny " with Gary Busey , Robbie Robertson and a young Jodie Foster.

  10. #355
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    23,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    the Boston Red Sox have a budget. does anyone not believe this to be fact?
    ^^Truth

  11. #356
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    23,978
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Yes, they have a budget. It's why they've been laying off office staff recently.
    I would much rather see the Sox keep these employees on their payroll and not pay the players so much.

  12. #357
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I would much rather see the Sox keep these employees on their payroll and not pay the players so much.
    Why? What do we gain?

  13. #358
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    28,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Why? What do we gain?
    Larry, Larry...
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  14. #359
    In the recent CC interview, Mookie explains how the Red Sox had an understanding with him that after he turned down their offer they'd try to trade him. It doesn't sound acrimonious at all, and basically confirms a mutual parting (for those who suspect Mookie was planning not to re-sign in Boston, no matter what).

  15. #360
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    23,978
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    In the recent CC interview, Mookie explains how the Red Sox had an understanding with him that after he turned down their offer they'd try to trade him. It doesn't sound acrimonious at all, and basically confirms a mutual parting (for those who suspect Mookie was planning not to re-sign in Boston, no matter what).
    Did you hear or read the part about how CC picks a player on the opposing team to hate (for no reason) so that he can build up his hatred/intensity against that team? That's his explanation for why he hated JBJ. I guess doofus-ness just runs rampant on that team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •