Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/03 Jays @ SOX

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    All kidding aside; I do hope the SOX can keep Perez. On this team he's Pedro Martinez.
    Left-handed Pedro.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Hoping Chavis doesn't K-ay. F'ing Chavis is a real candidate for the next woulda, coulda, shoulda. Not much going for him except a wasted youth
    "A wasted youth?" If that's the case, my youth must have been worse than wasted.

Roenicke put in the terrible position of having to go to his pigpen for relief as Perez can't get the 2 out, 2 strike out vs the slugging Joe Panik, hitting .210.

Regrettably I get too much Angels news/comment here in CA. The other AL 12-25 team. Maddon has a 2-2 game in the 8th inning, gets 2 outs followed by Ty Buttrey, Hansel Robles and Noe Ramirez who combine for 5 hits and 3 walks consecutively, allowing 8 runs. The parallels to the Sox are stunning since Ramirez and I believe Buttrey were graduates of the Sox system

The BRICE is RIGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Roenicke put in the terrible position of having to go to his pigpen for relief as Perez can't get the 2 out, 2 strike out vs the slugging Joe Panik, hitting .210.
    He'd also be in a more terrible position if he had to look for a pinch hitter.

Seems that Bobby may also be missing the video machine. He's missing everything else.
    To him that 1st game must seem like a year ago.

My pigpen description of our relief corps is rightfully taking hold. The pigs will probably blow this.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Dalbek is a perfect example of rushing someone to the big show when he's not ready. All it accomplishes is to destroy the young man's confidence.

My pigpen description of our relief corps is rightfully taking hold. The pigs will probably blow this.
    I don't understand why pigs get a bad rap. They are the smartest animals on the farm. Bulls, otoh, are dumber than shite.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    I don't understand why pigs get a bad rap. They are the smartest animals on the farm. Bulls, otoh, are dumber than shite.
    It is an unfair rap.

It is an unfair rap.
    Taste good in a wrap .Honestly how do we now take foot completely off gas and let them score 5 ? Respectfully of course.

If I’m Cora I spend 100 k on cardboard cut outs of me behind the plate

Gas can Brasiers up this should be a what 3 run shot ?

It is an unfair rap.
    Actually, to be fair to bulls, horses are the really, really dumb ones.