Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/15 - 9/17 @ Miami

9/15 - 9/17 @ Miami

Making one GT for the entire series. Let's try this out. Kimmi and MVP have been calling for it for some time. If we win the series, I'll do the GT for the next series.

By the end of this week, Miami and Boston are going to be sick of each other. The Dolphins just played the Patriots on Sunday, and the Heat and Celtics begin their Eastern Conference Finals series tonight. And then, much lower on the totem pole, you have these two. I was in Miami for the first time in February, and it's a really special city. I'll give them that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Making one GT for the entire series. Let's try this out. Kimmi and MVP have been calling for it for some time. If we win the series, I'll do the GT for the next series.

By the end of this week, Miami and Boston are going to be sick of each other. The Dolphins just played the Patriots on Sunday, and the Heat and Celtics begin their Eastern Conference Finals series tonight. And then, much lower on the totem pole, you have these two. I was in Miami for the first time in February, and it's a really special city. I'll give them that much.
    People down here already hate Massholes. The only people they hate more are all the NYers.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

People down here already hate Massholes. The only people they hate more are all the NYers.
    I would imagine that includes Derek Jeter

Nobody cares about the Marlins down here.

@houck_tanner
    Reaching the big leagues has always been my dream. Today, as I make my MLB debut with the
    @RedSox
    I’ll be donating $100 per K toward my Pitch For Adoption campaign. As I reach my dreams, I hope to make more dreams possible for these deserving kids.

@houck_tanner
    Reaching the big leagues has always been my dream. Today, as I make my MLB debut with the
    @RedSox
    I’ll be donating $100 per K toward my Pitch For Adoption campaign. As I reach my dreams, I hope to make more dreams possible for these deserving kids.
    Too bad none of it will matter if he sucks

Good job with the series thread Thunder.

Miami is in the playoff hunt, so there is that.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

I'm fine with one person for the whole series GT, but have never thought Miami was that special--even after spending half a day on Fisher Island. I wasn't that enamored with Honolulu either, and it's nicer than Miami.

Deity
    This season I've been madder at the Sox than I can remember--going all the way back to 1949 when I started reading the box scores. But even this year I have enjoyed some of the games, including the last one, which allowed the Sox to split that 4 game series against the Rays.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I'm fine with one person for the whole series GT, but have never thought Miami was that special--even after spending half a day on Fisher Island. I wasn't that enamored with Honolulu either, and it's nicer than Miami.
    I meant that more from a standpoint of the people and the food. I was also there for Super Bowl Weekend, so they were definitely showcasing themselves in the best possible light

Deity
    Houck relied heavily on the fast ball in the 1st, but got lucky with those two hard hit outs. Two sliders out of the zone (low, which is good) got it to 3-2, followed by a nice fastball, swung on and missed, on the outside corner.

Go, Sox!

Deity
    Well after getting the first two outs he’s in trouble.

Deity
    Gets out of the inning without giving up runs.

Deity
    So far Houck's slider has been his best pitch.

Celtics lead 34-24 in the 2d quarter.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    So far Houck's slider has been his best pitch.

Celtics lead 34-24 in the 2d quarter.
    Still feels like the celtics haven’t played their best basketball.