Register now to remove this ad

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 313

Thread: The Crazy MLB playoffs

  1. #271
    Legend TylerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,450
    Congrats Rays!!!

  2. #272
    Legend TylerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Scariest guy in the lineup for sure.
    Can we get him!?

  3. #273
    Deity
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,957
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    Rays hang on. 2004 Red Sox team is safe
    Yankees fan are probably crying in their sleep. They still remain the only mlb team to blow a 3-0 lead.😀🤣

  4. #274
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,061
    Thought it was inevitable that Houston would come back. Enjoy watching the World Series on tv, dirtbags.

    Now the Braves have to win game 7.
    "...we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves."

    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  5. #275
    The Lemon Drop Kid Northern Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    12,061
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Yankees fan are probably crying in their sleep. They still remain the only mlb team to blow a 3-0 lead.����
    Couldn't happen to a nicer franchise and fanbase.
    "...we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves."

    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  6. #276
    When you get to the postseason as much as the yanks do, they’re bound to set records on the plus and minus side

  7. #277
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    28,156
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    When you get to the postseason as much as the yanks do, they’re bound to set records on the plus and minus side
    That's a fair argument.

    I've always been of the opinion it was a great comeback, not a great choke. Games 4, 5 and 6 were incredibly tight and nerve-wracking struggles and we were very fortunate (not lucky) to win all three. In Game 7 the Yankees were down to the dregs of their pitchers.

    The one huge error made in that series was by Torre in Game 5 when he brought in Tom Gordon for the 8th instead of Rivera. And Rivera ended up pitching 2 innings anyway, but too late.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  8. #278
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    35,747
    Way to play- Rays!
    Sox 4 Ever

  9. #279
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    28,156
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    If there is one positive to come out of this series for the Rays, it's that they have watched Manny Margot turn into a star at the plate...
    I'm a little surprised you would say that - you're kind of the standard-bearer for the "playoff numbers are a small sample" position...
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  10. #280
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    35,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    His actual 2020 salary was $2.475 million. Maybe you're looking at the pro-rated number.

    He had a 0.6 fWAR this year, roughly equivalent to 1.6 over a full season.

    Not sure you can call him a difference-maker.
    All good points.

    That being said, I wish he was on our roster.
    Sox 4 Ever

  11. #281
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    28,156
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    All good points.

    That being said, I wish he was on our roster.
    His 2021 arb salary will probably be about 4 million.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  12. #282
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    35,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    His 2021 arb salary will probably be about 4 million.
    I'd rather have that than Pillar at $9M/2 or JBJ at $13M/2, but then again, he's an arb cost player, so it's understandable.

    I like his D.
    Sox 4 Ever

  13. #283
    Big game tonight. Going head to head with the NFL game. Should be interesting to see the ratings.

  14. #284
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    19,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I'm a little surprised you would say that - you're kind of the standard-bearer for the "playoff numbers are a small sample" position...
    Well, there was definite Bait Potential in that statement.

    But I do think he is a different player next year...

  15. #285
    Legend TylerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,450
    Hell of a start for the Braves!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •