Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18-9/20 vs Yankees

Deity
    I expect the yankees to score soon.

Deity
    And they did. This team is pathetic everytime they face the yankees. The yankees have owned them.

Deity
    The game that will never end lol.

Just Disgraceful.

What a game. Wow.

When this 60 games of whatever it is is over, I hope the JD stands for Just Disappear. Unfortunately, I doubt the SOX can trade him unless they eat about half his remaining salary.

I thought the Yanks would demolish Perez, but he looked good while also getting an unreal amount of real estate on the inside corner. He took advantage of it in spades and was solid. Really impressive and he showed velo I didn’t even know he had.

The Yanks hit machine actually got rolling vs the righties. I know Hernandez got tagged with the runs, but the big hits were all vs righties. Oh well, 9 in a row. We have now jumped past Minnesota for the 4 seed meaning they’ll have the 3 game set at home if it holds. Don’t care about catching the Rays at this point. I want us to stay in line to be home vs the Twins

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    That actually is a comment.
    Ha.

It's like the times I wanted to type "I'm not even going to dignify that with a response" (not to you) or something along those lines, but then I would be dignifying it with a response.

Despite the loss, it was a good game up until the end. I had a feeling that once the Yanks tied it, they would win. However, it take take the Yankees 12 innings to beat us by 1 run and the Sox had their share of chances. This is the very type of game that defines the randomness of the sport. I know many will disagree, but the Yankees won that game more due to randomness than they did due to outperforming the Sox.

Some positives to take from that game: Perez, Arroyo, some good defense, and I got the NESN feed instead of YES.

I enjoyed the game.

I have no comment about tonight's game.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Despite the loss, it was a good game up until the end. I had a feeling that once the Yanks tied it, they would win. However, it take take the Yankees 12 innings to beat us by 1 run and the Sox had their share of chances. This is the very type of game that defines the randomness of the sport. I know many will disagree, but the Yankees won that game more due to randomness than they did due to outperforming the Sox.

Some positives to take from that game: Perez, Arroyo, some good defense, and I got the NESN feed instead of YES.

I enjoyed the game.
    I enjoyed it too. Great start, and then the bullpen came in and leaked away that 4 run lead--the most infuriating being Barnes' gopher ball in the 9th. Thinking back to how the game evolved, I tend to agree with your randomness theory. Either team could have won.

That said, the Yankees starter gave up 4 runs in 4.2 innings. The Yankees bullpen gave up no runs in 4.1 innings and one "unearned" run (extra inning runs are all unearned) in 3 innings. That was by and large part of a season-long pattern, the Sox bullpen completely outmatched. The Sox still have the worst ERA in MLB even though it's coming down a little. I think it got to 6.2 and maybe 6.3 and is now 5.9.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 09-19-2020 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I enjoyed it too. Great start, and then the bullpen came in and leaked away that 4 run lead--the most infuriating being Barnes' gopher ball in the 9th. Thinking back to how the game evolved, I tend to agree with your randomness theory. Either team could have won.

That said, the Yankees starter gave up 4 runs in 4.2 innings. The Yankees bullpen gave up no runs in 4.1 innings and one "unearned" run (extra inning runs are all unearned) in 3 innings. That was by and large part of a season-long pattern, the Sox bullpen completely outmatched. The Sox still have the worst ERA in MLB even though it's coming down a little. I think it got to 6.2 and maybe 6.3 and is now 5.9.
    Even more infuriating that Barnes gave up the home run with 2 outs.

The Sox pen was not stellar. The Sox were also helped out by some shaky defense on the Yankees' part. That said, a slightly different launch angle on Bogaerts' line single in the bottom of the 9th and the Sox would have walked off. Or a slightly different launch angle on Sanchez' line shot, for that matter, might have given the Sox the win. As they say, baseball is a game of inches.

Several days ago Jim Rice observed that JDM wasn't swinging at the ball but rather at a spot. Last night's game was an excellent example of how accurate Jim Rice's observations were. JDM's swing has become robotic. He looks really lost. As far as I am concerned JDM is right up there with Matt Barnes as to the reason why Boston lost last night.

Sunday’s game is the gem of the series and I’ll be working.

That game was a heart - breaking , gut - wrenching , soul - crushing defeat . Well , at least it would have been if it mattered at all in this wretched season . As it is , it is just one more disappointing loss . P.S. Closing ain't easy.