Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18-9/20 vs Yankees

Fortunately Brasier and Barnes got the job done much better in the 2018 ALDS!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    I enjoyed it too. Great start, and then the bullpen came in and leaked away that 4 run lead--the most infuriating being Barnes' gopher ball in the 9th. Thinking back to how the game evolved, I tend to agree with your randomness theory. Either team could have won.

That said, the Yankees starter gave up 4 runs in 4.2 innings. The Yankees bullpen gave up no runs in 4.1 innings and one "unearned" run (extra inning runs are all unearned) in 3 innings. That was by and large part of a season-long pattern, the Sox bullpen completely outmatched. The Sox still have the worst ERA in MLB even though it's coming down a little. I think it got to 6.2 and maybe 6.3 and is now 5.9.
    Minor nit; not all extra inning runs are unearned. Only a run scored by the guy placed at second is unearned. Any subsequent runs are subject to normal scoring rules regarding earned and unearned. If somebody hits a homer to score him, it's one earned and one unearned.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Fortunately Brasier and Barnes got the job done much better in the 2018 ALDS!
    Did I hear right. Is barnes going to be our closer next year

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    Did I hear right. Is barnes going to be our closer next year
    Only if the Sox goal is to win 20 games in a 162 game season. Barnes is a plague and needs to go

Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Several days ago Jim Rice observed that JDM wasn't swinging at the ball but rather at a spot. Last night's game was an excellent example of how accurate Jim Rice's observations were. JDM's swing has become robotic. He looks really lost. As far as I am concerned JDM is right up there with Matt Barnes as to the reason why Boston lost last night.
    Good observation. JDM certainly could have made a difference last night, and several others. He could easily hit below .200 with more 0-6's. Swings like an old man with a bad back.

How bad are the SOX? Well, in the past when the SOX/Yankems played over the weekend FOX would carry the Saturday game and ESPN would cover the Sunday game. SOX are so pathetic that even MLB network won't bother televising their games. The only reason I'm able to watch this weekend series is because YES is part of my basic cable.
    The drama of a SOX game is strictly centered on "how will they lose this one?"
    Also, starting these games at 7:30 is ridiculous. Do the cutouts have trouble arriving at the park before 7:30?

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Only if the Sox goal is to win 20 games in a 162 game season. Barnes is a plague and needs to go
    Lmao. Agreed.

Btw, just curious, for those who live in the NE area is NESN part of your cable package or is it something you have to pay a premium monthly fee for? Living in central NY, NESN is unavailable to me on the two main cable providers.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Also, starting these games at 7:30 is ridiculous. Do the cutouts have trouble arriving at the park before 7:30?
    Yeah, it is a little odd starting games half an hour later with no fans than with fans who have to get to the park.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

Here's a thought. If the SOX are hapless, then the Yankems must have hap.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-19-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Btw, just curious, for those who live in the NE area is NESN part of your cable package or is it something you have to pay a premium monthly fee for? Living in central NY, NESN is unavailable to me on the two main cable providers.
    Comes standard with cable, as well as all the cable alternatives we have now

Here's a good sign; Mazza's ERA OF 5.57 is lower than his team's 6.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Comes standard with cable, as well as all the cable alternatives we have now

Thanks, so NESN is treated in NE similarly to YES is here in NY.

Thanks, so NESN is treated in NE similarly to YES is here in NY.

If I was a Yankem fan, life would be great having YES. Damn you, Ted Williams, for making me a SOX fan.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 09-19-2020 at 06:40 PM.

Hey, Penis Head, put a condom on it.