Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/22-9/24 vs O's

Lead.

Dalbec making things happen!

JBJr putting on the contract year rush here in the second half of the short season. Still think he'll have trouble getting a substantial deal

We winning. I ate cheezies. Life is good folks.

Can Walden pitch an inning without at least one hit and 2 walks ? Apparently not, giving up the leadoff HR

Chavis is too short to play in front of a 38' wall. Balls go over his short arm reach

Now we have 2 samples of poor LF play by the short guy. Is that too small a sample? Or is it Walden's fault for giving up big hits?
    Last edited by vegasbob; 09-22-2020 at 08:36 PM.

Pivetta’s pitching was really good today, he used the same method to hide the ball that houck showed,

I was impressed. I think he used four different pitches and had decent movement of the pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Pivetta’s pitching was really good today, he used the same method to hide the ball that houck showed,

I was impressed. I think he used four different pitches and had decent movement of the pitches.
    Pivetta and Houck could be some of the answer to developing a rotation for 2021. Long time from now to next April but at least there's hope that some in-house talent will emerge. Then we need Erod back and in full health

Christian Vazquez have my babies

Vaz cleans up with a 3 runner, making the bullpens butts loosen up a bit. Maybe they can hold a 5 run lead

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Right now they are about the 5th overall pick. There are a bunch of teams bunched around 19-22 wins.

Sox could drop to about the 10th pick if they play well over the next 6 games.
    In almost every draft, there are better players taken after #5 than the #5 pick. The greatest player in the game, Mike Trout was taken 25th. Trey Ball, #7 overall is a bust. You never know in the baseball draft.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Pivetta and Houck could be some of the answer to developing a rotation for 2021. Long time from now to next April but at least there's hope that some in-house talent will emerge. Then we need Erod back and in full health
    It's certainly nice to see some hopes and bright promises as the season nears its end. I'm more hopeful now than I was earlier this year, but the jury is still out on many of the players we are talking about: Houck, Pivetta, Valdez, Dalbec, Munoz & Arroyo.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, and I have a good amount of optimism about our future, but there's a lot to learn about everyone of these guys. The good thing is, there are 6 that are looking good, and we may not need even 4 of them to come through.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    In almost every draft, there are better players taken after #5 than the #5 pick. The greatest player in the game, Mike Trout was taken 25th. Trey Ball, #7 overall is a bust. You never know in the baseball draft.
    I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

We are finishing the season way too good I don’t like it.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    I never watched pivetta pitch prior to today, so I did not know anything really about him.

He appears to have decent stuff. Not sure we will know anything about him, as an answer for our 2021 rotation until next spring.

I think I saw him get four different pitches over for strikes and his command and control was decent. His pitches had movement. That is a lot of raw material to work with.

Sale
    Rodriguez
    Free agent signing
    Eovaldi
    Perez/pivetta/houck

That rotation is big improvement over this year’s, if they are all healthy.