Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roenicke fired

Roenicke fired

Sox will move on from Roenicke and Bloom will get to pick his own manager
    Hal sucks

I'm not surprised.

Here's the statement:

“Throughout this difficult season, Ron’s consistency and professionalism kept the environment in our clubhouse productive and gave all of our players room to grow and develop. While we believe that, moving forward, we will benefit from new leadership and new energy, that does not diminish how strongly we feel about Ron. He is a man of the highest character who cares about our players and the Red Sox organization. As bench coach, he helped this team win a world championship. As manager, he showed poise and leadership in navigating an extremely challenging year. We are grateful for all of his contributions in our uniform.”
    Sox 4 Ever

He did a Joe Kerrigan. Bloom will get until the All Star Break of 2021 to get the team over .500. .500 ball is the minimum threshold that should be expected even when rebuilding for a team with a high payroll and the highest ticket prices.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

He did a Joe Kerrigan. Bloom will get until the All Star Break of 2021 to get the team over .500. .500 ball is the minimum threshold that should be expected even when rebuilding for a team with a high payroll and the highest ticket prices.
    If we ride Houck, I think we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    He will likely be limited to 150 IP max.

Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I recommend caution with houck! He has only worked 17 innings thus far. Also he only has two pitches and hitters will figure this out. Finally, no way should he throw more than 150 innings next year. If he can hold down a spot until sale gets back, that would be great.

Ps: I believe sale will be back to being incredible by October 2021.

Privetta has four pitches and impressive stuff, getting him straightened out would be a huge win for us.

Rotation for 2021:

Houck starts the season. Then sale comes back after the all star break as houck runs out of gas.
    Rodriguez
    Free agent signee
    Eovaldi
    Perez/privetta

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    I recommend caution with houck! He has only worked 17 innings thus far. Also he only has two pitches and hitters will figure this out. Finally, no way should he throw more than 150 innings next year. If he can hold down a spot until sale gets back, that would be great.

Ps: I believe sale will be back to being incredible by October 2021.

Privetta has four pitches and impressive stuff, getting him straightened out would be a huge win for us.

Rotation for 2021:

Houck starts the season. Then sale comes back after the all star break as houck runs out of gas.
    Rodriguez
    Free agent signee
    Eovaldi
    Perez/privetta
    Eventually, you will come to grips with the fact that Pivetta stinks. He didn’t need a change of scenery. He needed a change of profession.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

In A700land, any player who isn’t a perennial allstar stinks and should retire.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Roenicke's firing seemed inevitable . He was in a tough situation and , quite frankly , did not impress . I would say that Cora is the morning line favorite to get his old job back.

Wonder how Varitek was behind the scenes.

We better not hire Cora

Pivetta: 2-0, 1.8 ERA with Sox

A700: Retire bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Roenicke's firing seemed inevitable . He was in a tough situation and , quite frankly , did not impress . I would say that Cora is the morning line favorite to get his old job back.
    Does anyone know the status of Kevin Cash in Tampa Bay ? He seems like a good one and Bloom is obviously familiar with him .

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Does anyone know the status of Kevin Cash in Tampa Bay ? He seems like a good one and Bloom is obviously familiar with him .
    They extended him through 2024.
    Sox 4 Ever

They extended him through 2024.
    Thanks. Scratch him.