Register now to remove this ad

Page 94 of 171 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2557

Thread: 2020-2021 Offseason Thread

Non-tender deadline is tonight, FYI.
    If it walks like collusion and talks like collusion, it's collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    put your GM hat on here and roll with it. Who is untouchable and who can we move to obtain arms for the future. Sale may come back and blow his shoulder out on the first outing out. Evo is a ticking time bomb, and Erod may take a while to regain his form.
    According to a Rays article, the Sox would only have to part with Verdugo, Casas and Houk to land Snell. I suspect it was written by a Tampa fan who cheers when Devers hits what would be a 500 foot bomb off the ceiling that the first baseman catches in foul territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    put your GM hat on here and roll with it. Who is untouchable and who can we move to obtain arms for the future. Sale may come back and blow his shoulder out on the first outing out. Evo is a ticking time bomb, and Erod may take a while to regain his form.
    I never think of anyone as "untouchable," but certainly there are players I'd avoid trading, unless the offer was right. (Devers is top of that list for me.)

It's hard to know how other GMs value our players, but to get great players, you have to give up a lot.

I'm not sure now is the time to trade top prospects for a #1 or #2 level SP'er. The names might be Casas and/or Downs, DHern or Mata and maybe more.

I'm not high on Chavis or Chatham, but my guess is not many GMs are either, and we certainly won't get a very good pitcher for just that package. Maybe Dalbec & ??? can get someone better.

Not many GM want to trade "arms of the future." Why would they?
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @BNightengale
    The #RedSox sign RHP Austin Brice to a one-year, $870,000 contract. This was his first year of arbitration eligibility.

He ain't getting non-tendered now.
    This surprises me, as Brice is out of options.

I had him on the top of my DFA list, so that shows how little I know about how Bloom views our bubble players.
    Sox 4 Ever

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    According to a Rays article, the Sox would only have to part with Verdugo, Casas and Houk to land Snell. I suspect it was written by a Tampa fan who cheers when Devers hits what would be a 500 foot bomb off the ceiling that the first baseman catches in foul territory.
    Well that's like when [people here expected Dustin May, Gavin Lux and Verdugo for Betts.

But a deal of Casas, Houck and Jeter Downs seems more reasonable. Would the Sox go for it? Would Tampa? (It does work on BTV.)

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Well that's like when [people here expected Dustin May, Gavin Lux and Verdugo for Betts.

But a deal of Casas, Houck and Jeter Downs seems more reasonable. Would the Sox go for it? Would Tampa? (It does work on BTV.)
    3 years of control at just $10M/yr on the lux tax is a huge plus, but I just don't see us being in a position to trade prospects for that one last big piece. That's the time you make deals like this.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post

Farm decimator!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Farm decimator!
    We need 3 Snells and probably more.

We are not even close to being in the position to make a deal like this, unless Henry and Bloom plan on a spending frenzy, this winter.

If we sign Bauer, Hand a good CF'er and 2-3 more helpful pieces, then maybe we might think a deal like this makes us a top contender.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    We need 3 Snells and probably more.

We are not even close to being in the position to make a deal like this, unless Henry and Bloom plan on a spending frenzy, this winter.

If we sign Bauer, Hand a good CF'er and 2-3 more helpful pieces, then maybe we might think a deal like this makes us a top contender.
    Snell isn't good enough to justify that kind of deal anyway. He's no Chris Sale.

Snell isn't good enough to justify that kind of deal anyway. He's no Chris Sale.
    True, but Moncada was much higher ranked than Casas. Kopech higher than Houck. Verdugo or Downs are higher than Basabe.
    Sox 4 Ever

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    True, but Moncada was much higher ranked than Casas. Kopech higher than Houck. Verdugo or Downs are higher than Basabe.
    I don't like the idea of trading 3 of our best prospects for a guy who has only one season with an fWAR higher than 2.7.

I don't like the idea of trading 3 of our best prospects for a guy who has only one season with an fWAR higher than 2.7.
    Agreed. I guess the sweetner added to the deal is supposed to make up for that.

NOT!
    Sox 4 Ever

Personally I'm a big fan of trade ideas like the one for Bumgarner and prospects. Do that one and sign Kluber, and our starting rotation will be loaded with question marks, but at least there will be potential!

Personally I'm a big fan of trade ideas like the one for Bumgarner and prospects. Do that one and sign Kluber, and our starting rotation will be loaded with question marks, but at least there will be potential!
    That one seems rather extreme, to me, too.

If Bloom has some positive, inside info on Bumgarner we don't know about, it's way too risky and costly.
    Sox 4 Ever

The Red Sox have kept relievers Matt Barnes ($4.4MM) and Ryan Brasier ($1.25MM) and catcher Kevin Plawecki ($1.6MM), per tweets from Nightengale, Robert Murray of FanSided and Heyman.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...ion-12220.html