Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloom Don’t mess this hire up and don’t drag your feet .Cora is our guy !!!!

Bloom Don’t mess this hire up and don’t drag your feet .Cora is our guy !!!!

Lock Cora in NOW .I demand it !!!!!!! I will Haunt you .

Rehire the best manager we've ever had.

Agreed.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Rehire the best manager we've ever had.

Francona is not available...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Francona is not available...
    Cora is.

Deity
    Cora is.
    Sort of like saying Stealer’s Wheels was better than the Beatles. Just a one-hit wonder, but a damn good one...

Legend
    I think he finds someone other than Cora.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Sort of like saying Stealer’s Wheels was better than the Beatles. Just a one-hit wonder, but a damn good one...
    Not really. Almost every Beatles song is better than their best one.

I’m not opposed to Cora but how does he get a pass on 2019?
    While they didn’t replace their closer and had some injuries they weren’t ready to play at the start of the season and with the talent they had at least contending for the 2nd wild card should have been attainable

Quote Originally Posted by Monster24 View Post
    While they didn’t replace their closer and had some injuries they weren’t ready to play at the start of the season and with the talent they had at least contending for the 2nd wild card should have been attainable
    No "pass" was given. Same with DD.

Cora's handling of the starting pitching at the outset of 2019 has been vilified here more than his involvement with the Astros -- and rightfully so, since this is SOXtalk.

However, I don't recall anyone considering that the veteran starters' arms may have been taxed slightly more than usual from the previous extended (albeit championship) postseason; not only did Sale, Price, Eovaldi and Porcello work a month longer than ever before, but all those "extra" innings were quite possibly higher stress than normal.

Cora could've been limiting the starters' workload in Spring Training '19 out of necessity more than choice. Guys just may have been still hurting -- eventually, Sale, Price and Eovaldi all missed significant time to injuries, while Porcello just looked cooked. Was it really just coincidence that Boston's best pitcher in '19, Rodriguez, was both the youngest and the guy with the least mileage on his arm from the '18 postseason?

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Cora's handling of the starting pitching at the outset of 2019 has been vilified here more than his involvement with the Astros -- and rightfully so, since this is SOXtalk.

However, I don't recall anyone considering that the veteran starters' arms may have been taxed slightly more than usual from the previous extended (albeit championship) postseason; not only did Sale, Price, Eovaldi and Porcello work a month longer than ever before, but all those "extra" innings were quite possibly higher stress than normal.

Cora could've been limiting the starters' workload in Spring Training '19 out of necessity more than choice. Guys just may have been still hurting -- eventually, Sale, Price and Eovaldi all missed significant time to injuries, while Porcello just looked cooked. Was it really just coincidence that Boston's best pitcher in '19, Rodriguez, was both the youngest and the guy with the least mileage on his arm from the '18 postseason?
    Again I’m not opposed to rehiring him but what team do you think will have more talent the 2019 team or the 2021?
    If he couldn’t win in 2019 what makes people think 2021 will be better.
    It’s possible that 2018 was just a stars aligned everything went right aberration.

Maybe it makes sense because what he did with Devers and with probably some more young players Coming up he can help them too.
    I just don’t see how he has such a great reputation when his track record is one great year and one so-so year.

Again I’m not opposed to rehiring him but what team do you think will have more talent the 2019 team or the 2021?
    If he couldn’t win in 2019 what makes people think 2021 will be better.
    It’s possible that 2018 was just a stars aligned everything went right aberration.

Maybe it makes sense because what he did with Devers and with probably some more young players Coming up he can help them too.
    I just don’t see how he has such a great reputation when his track record is one great year and one so-so year.
    Maybe the stars aligned in 2019 for everything to go wrong.

Maybe the stars aligned in 2019 for everything to go wrong.
    Manfred and his schedule-makers did their best, starting the Sox off on a long, obnoxious West Coast road trip of 13 games (including two meaningless exhibitions vs. the Cubs in Arizona)... Meanwhile, the Yankees played their first six at home, and first nine overall vs. the two worst teams in baseball -- the Orioles and the Tigers.

Cora , by all accounts , did a great job in 2018. He had what was possibly the best , most complete Sox team ever assembled. But he managed them well and never missed a beat . In 2019 , he had largely the same crew back . However it was minus the closer and one of the top set up men . There were essentially no replacements for them . Then a couple of injuries and some underachievement from the starting rotation , and trouble was brewing . He never seemed to find the answers to this . All in all , he had one great year and one not so good year . Personally , I would like to see him come back in 2021 . I think he would be a good choice to guide this current group . I'm pretty sure if the Sox don't hire him , someone else will .

I thought hang’em Chaim was looking closely at George Lombard.

Now I hear he is looking at kotsay.