Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Last post until winter meetings .Go Get Bauer he’s not only an incredible Pitcher

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    He probably bought the ticket and then decided to not get on the plane when he found out the Pour House is closed.
    Or maybe he just went and popped into Legal Seafood for the clam chowder, which is the most wonderful and delicious liquid on the planet and certainly worthy of a 2 hour plane flight. And after a bowl (because cups of Legal Seafood clam chowder are for self-loathers) or two, he went home and fired off tweets to other teams.

I could get behind a day like that...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Or maybe he just went and popped into Legal Seafood for the clam chowder, which is the most wonderful and delicious liquid on the planet and certainly worthy of a 2 hour plane flight.
    I don't think you should call chowder a liquid. The solids are an integral component.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I don't think you should call chowder a liquid. The solids are an integral component.

Do NOT denigrate the Legal Seafood clam chowder. Those words are borderline blasphemous. I've seen people crucified on a giant clam shucker for less...

Do NOT denigrate the Legal Seafood clam chowder. Those words are borderline blasphemous. I've seen people crucified on a giant clam shucker for less...
    Meh. I'd rather go to Union Oyster House, James Hook or Yankee Lobster any day. Eating at Legal Seafood is basically like going to a chain restaurant. Pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Meh. I'd rather go to Union Oyster House, James Hook or Yankee Lobster any day. Eating at Legal Seafood is basically like going to a chain restaurant. Pass.
    There are a lot of them now, but I don't care. It's not some high end Red Lobster.

And damn, that is some good clam chowder...

There are a lot of them now, but I don't care. It's not some high end Red Lobster.

And damn, that is some good clam chowder...
    My neighbor is under the assumption that all Red Lobsters are high end, or at least the one in our town. He's been ordering it to go every week since the lockdown. I'm sure the cheddar biscuits are fine enough, but...

I would say that the Legal Harborside version of Legal Seafood looks cool, but I've never been to that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I wasn't denigrating the chowder, I was denigrating your description.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I wasn't denigrating the chowder, I was denigrating your description.
    And you think that's better?