Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Red Sox 2021 payroll thread

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    In making assessments, Baseball Trade Values considers the appropriate objective factors (that many fans overlook) but apparently ignores subjective factors.

One can always argue with the value the website assigns to each appropriate objective factor.
    I think the site does a pretty good job with the values, but of course teams have different needs and ways of evaluating talent on their own teams and other teams. Nobody is suggesting any accpeted trade means it would even be considered by GMs from either or even both teams.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I think the site does a pretty good job with the values, but of course teams have different needs and ways of evaluating talent on their own teams and other teams. Nobody is suggesting any accpeted trade means it would even be considered by GMs from either or even both teams.
    And it cannot obviously incorporate any intangible values a player has. I believe it basically assigns a value based up project fWAR (in dollars) minus project salary...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And it cannot obviously incorporate any intangible values a player has. I believe it basically assigns a value based up project fWAR (in dollars) minus project salary...
    Which is not perfect but is a nice reference to use as a foundation for suggesting possible deals.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?