Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloom Don’t mess this hire up and don’t drag your feet .Jimy is our guy !!!!

If Rich Garces isn't greeting fans on opening day next season, it'll be a travesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

@alexspeier
    Red Sox announced that the contracts of Jerry Narron (bench coach) and Craig Bjornson (bullpen coach) weren't renewed for 2021, but the rest of the coaching staff has been invited to return.

So: hitting coach Tim Hyers, assistant hitting coach Peter Fatse, pitching coach Dave Bush, assistant pitching coach Kevin Walker, third-base coach Carlos Febles, first-base coach Tom Goodwin, and coach Ramon Vazquez are all back.

The team also notes that "special assistant/catching coach Jason Varitek" has been invited back, which may be the first time he's been mentioned as part of the coaching staff rather than as a special assistant to the front office.

Just to be clear: He was listed in last year's media guide as a "special asst/catching coach," but in the "major league personnel" section, next to other alum special assts like Ortiz and Martinez. But, Varitek has spent an increasing amount of time in the dugout in recent years.

Jimy Williams to Sox on one year deal as manager. Varitek is promoted to bench coach.

Get it done BLOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @alexspeier
    Red Sox announced that the contracts of Jerry Narron (bench coach) and Craig Bjornson (bullpen coach) weren't renewed for 2021, but the rest of the coaching staff has been invited to return.

So: hitting coach Tim Hyers, assistant hitting coach Peter Fatse, pitching coach Dave Bush, assistant pitching coach Kevin Walker, third-base coach Carlos Febles, first-base coach Tom Goodwin, and coach Ramon Vazquez are all back.

The team also notes that "special assistant/catching coach Jason Varitek" has been invited back, which may be the first time he's been mentioned as part of the coaching staff rather than as a special assistant to the front office.

Just to be clear: He was listed in last year's media guide as a "special asst/catching coach," but in the "major league personnel" section, next to other alum special assts like Ortiz and Martinez. But, Varitek has spent an increasing amount of time in the dugout in recent years.

Jimy Williams to Sox on one year deal as manager. Varitek is promoted to bench coach.

Get it done BLOOM!
    So they're keeping basically the same coaching staff -- including guys who were around in '18 and '19 (though haven't announced if RR will be retained/reassigned). It's interesting, because if Bloom is prepared to hire his own manager, I would expect the new skip to want to bring along a few personal confidantes... maybe, he'll get to choose a bench coach, like Tito and Millsie.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    So they're keeping basically the same coaching staff -- including guys who were around in '18 and '19 (though haven't announced if RR will be retained/reassigned). It's interesting, because if Bloom is prepared to hire his own manager, I would expect the new skip to want to bring along a few personal confidantes... maybe, he'll get to choose a bench coach, like Tito and Millsie.
    I don't think they are necessarily locked into keeping these guys for the whole year. If a new manager came in and didn't like someone, they can just get rid of the guy. I think it just means that the Sox would be happy to have those guys back if the next manager wanted to keep them.

@Joelsherman1
    #WhiteSox GM Rick Hahn said that for a manager they would be looking for an experienced candidate with recent experience in a championship organization. Let me look that up in my thesaurus. Ah, it says Alex Cora and A.J. Hinch. Who else falls into that category?

Looks like ChiSox are trying to go with the same old same old. Why not go for the guy that has the experience of standing up to dinosaur deniers?

It'd be dope as hell if they ChiSox hired John Farrell.

The World Series doesn't even begin for another week and three teams are already rumored to be interested in Cora: Detroit, Chicago and Boston. Which one has the most to offer, in franchise history, connection with current players, dollars and sense?

Maybe a better question: which team will get the most negative feedback -- from fans and reporters -- if another club hires Cora?

Deity
    @Joelsherman1
    #WhiteSox GM Rick Hahn said that for a manager they would be looking for an experienced candidate with recent experience in a championship organization. Let me look that up in my thesaurus. Ah, it says Alex Cora and A.J. Hinch. Who else falls into that category?

Looks like ChiSox are trying to go with the same old same old. Why not go for the guy that has the experience of standing up to dinosaur deniers?
    So he thinks of Cora and Hinch but not Maddon? He’ll be available once they replace Eppler. And Boone will be next...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    So he thinks of Cora and Hinch but not Maddon? He’ll be available once they replace Eppler. And Boone will be next...
    Not just him:

@pgammo
    MLB called the Tigers when story of their interest in Hinch and Cora surfaced with reminder they cannot be approached until after WS. Many in Bosox org. Want him back, but Chisox are a really interesting job. Nov. 1-5 will be interesting

Also, not sure why that excludes people like Chip Hale or Tim Bogar who were on the Nats staff last year?

@Joelsherman1

To me, it sounds like the White Sox and Cora are a good fit for each other, sadly.

I think they want someone relatively young.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    To me, it sounds like the White Sox and Cora are a good fit for each other, sadly.

I think they want someone relatively young.
    Watch the Chi-Sox win it all.
    Sox 4 Ever

@mlbtraderumors
    Tigers Interview George Lombard For Manager's Job

Welp, Bloom may need to cross Lombard off his list!

Lombard’s resume includes some managerial experience, as he ran the dugout for the Gulf Coast Red Sox (Boston’s rookie league affiliate) in 2011 and 2012.

Watch the Chi-Sox win it all.
    It seems there time has arrived.

The word today is that the White Sox are interested in Hinch, who is the front runner, and Cora is not going to be a top candidate for them.