Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Smiley-Beni Day 2020

Smiley-Beni Day 2020

Hi, fellow Sox fans! It's that special day again when I crawl out of my hole to remind us to honor the great Smiley-Beni. I'll take whatever schadenfreude I can get during these difficult times, even if it's tempered by the death of the great Whitey Ford.

For those who don't have a clue what I'm talking out, let me introduce you to this great tradition. Both Smiley-Beni and I were active participants in the now defunct boston.com Red Sox chatboard. Smiley-Beni was a legendary troll that would bait Yankee fans daily with petty taunts, even if there wasn't anything to taunt them about. I created a holiday to honor him called Smiley-Beni Day. Smiley-Beni day is celebrated when the New York Yankees finish the season short of winning the World Series, regardless of the Red Sox performance during that season.

Let the figurative fireworks begin!

- A smiley face for Smiley-Beni!

Yes, you are referencing the great holiday Of YED. Better known as Yankee Elimination Day! It is my favorite holiday as well. You have to listen to the Great Big Papi classic DaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaYankees lose song to enjoy YED to the fullest.

A happy day for us all!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

All-Star
    I came by just for this post...I'll be drinking a cold one for ol' Smiley today.

thanks Mediarojas!
    i LOVE smiley beni day.

smiley beni.jpg
    other names i have posted under: none