Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees 2020 offseason thread

Also, yanks opted into Britton’s 2022 season, which locks him in for two more years. Back of the pen stays intact with a solid 7-8-9 bridge with Green-Britton-Chap. Loaisiga and Cessa took steps forward in 2020. Hoping to see those two really take on a bigger role to allow for the big 3 to not be worn out. The pen is full of very hard throwers (Cessa and Loaisiga can get to or near 100mph). Might need to look into another lefty out there (Brad Hand night slip to us!).

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    This didn’t age well, lol
    True that!
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Dark horse for the Yanks will be Morton. I do wonder if he’s a major target for us. He’s also a Delaware guy, so pretty close to home

Looks like the possibilities of a non tender or deal of Sanchez are growing. Far more rumblings about moving on from him. Maybe he’s a change of scenery guy, but his absolutely abysmal 2020 solidified it for me. He’s got two years of control left, so it’s not like he’s some rookie who needs more reps. He gets exposed every time he hits and if a pitcher throws anything away or off speed, he cannot hit it. It’s time for him to find another spot and if he dominates there, good for him.
    But.. but.. but have you seen his exit velocity?!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    But.. but.. but have you seen his exit velocity?!
    Distinctly visible up to 4 times per year!!

With prices expected to plummet, I think the Yanks just pass on Gary. No point in shelling out $6 mil for him unless they think they can fix him
    Hal sucks

Deity
    With prices expected to plummet, I think the Yanks just pass on Gary. No point in shelling out $6 mil for him unless they think they can fix him
    He might be a non-tender candidate.

If every team in baseball is passing on Brad Hand at $10mill, the chances one team is going to do the Yankees a favor and give up talent for Gary Sanchez at $6mill is very small.

That said, the White Sox declined Edwin Encarnacion's option and might not mind accommodating Sanchez. A trade of Sanchez plus $4mill for Reynaldo Lopez actually makes sense for both teams.

(And would irritate me, as Lopez is one of the bounceback guys I think whose numbers vastly underepresent him. He's a guy the Red Sox need to target.)

Looks like the Yanks are in on Yadier Molina. I do wonder if a guy like Cole got to the GM about how bad Gary was at catching and they're working to rectify it.

Also, Yanks in on Lance Lynn. I never like bringing guys back for second tours of duty when they failed the first time. Reminds me of Javy Vazquez
    Hal sucks

I keep forgetting about German. He’s pitching in the winter leagues, so he should be sharp when the season begins. My concern was that he’d be rusty with a year off, but he will benefit from playing down there. Add him to the mix and you’ve got a reasonable top 4, but are still really dying for a #2.

Cole, #2, German, Garcia, Montgomery

I keep forgetting about German. He’s pitching in the winter leagues, so he should be sharp when the season begins. My concern was that he’d be rusty with a year off, but he will benefit from playing down there. Add him to the mix and you’ve got a reasonable top 4, but are still really dying for a #2.

Cole, #2, German, Garcia, Montgomery
    It's kind of strange we've never gotten the full details on exactly what German did.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

He slapped his girlfriend in front of a reporter or PR person. Really stupid. Not forgiving, but if he’s paid his price and he’s good enough, he should pitch.

He was abysmal last year. No doubt. He was terrible in 18 before being really good in 19. It looks like they’re going to tender him and they’ll be stuck with him. He just cannot be the lion’s share catcher anymore

Per John Morosi, Lemahieu likely to resign with Yanks

Outside of a rumor that the Yanks were expected to re-sign Lemahieu, there has been absolutely no Yankee chatter. This is a weird, weird offseason
    Hal sucks