Register now to remove this ad

Page 48 of 83 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Prospects

If we do not sign Fabian, we will get a comp pick next year.

It would suck, but it does not mean Bloom messed up or that all is lost.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

It would suck, but it does not mean Bloom messed up or that all is lost.
    How does it impact the slot money for this draft if he remains unsigned?
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    How does it impact the slot money for this draft if he remains unsigned?
    We lose the slot value + 5% overage which equates to 1,949,535 dollars. Which means we have about 1.15 million left to spend. Hickey is reportedly looking for above slot and knows he can get it if Fabian isn’t signing which means that money probably goes to him and Kavadas.

Missing out on Fabian might end up being a positive development. Who knows....

Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    I interpreted your post to imply Bloom took a blow to his "building the farm" persona by suggesting they will not sign Fabian.

If I read it wrong please clarify this for me.

I'm merely suggesting we wait until after the signing deadline. This is coming from Fabians camp and can easily be tactic to try and up Bostons offer.

If the Sox are sitting at 2.3 million and won't budge I will blame them, but if they up the offer to 2.67 max and he blinks then I blame Fabian. If he's turning down anything at 2.5 million or more then that means the Sox opting to sign Hickey/Kavadas and take their chances with the 41st pick in next year's draft. If Fabian comes back as a senior and even only marginally improves his numbers he's going to make a lot less money. The kid is taking a huge risk turning down the money and the Sox are opting to spread the money to other players and walk away with 41 next year.

I don't think it's more probable than not he signs but I don't think it's 100% done deal he doesn't sign yet. Not until August 1st.
    I just stated what Bloom’s strength is thought to be. You put your own spin on that statement.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I just stated what Bloom’s strength is thought to be. You put your own spin on that statement.
    So you don't think Blooms strength is bringing young talent into the organization?

"I thought Bloom's strength was building the farm."

That was your statement. One would infer that you're suggesting the gaffe of not signing a guy would imply that's not his strength. Or, perhaps you still do believe that and were just making a joke. I'm not really sure what spin I put on anything other than the facts of the situation.

"I thought Bloom's strength was building the farm."

That was your statement. One would infer that you're suggesting the gaffe of not signing a guy would imply that's not his strength. Or, perhaps you still do believe that and were just making a joke. I'm not really sure what spin I put on anything other than the facts of the situation.
    Your inference was incorrect.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Your inference was incorrect.
    So then you think Bloom has shown strength at building the farm. Ok, I was wrong, my bad.

So then you think Bloom has shown strength at building the farm. Ok, I was wrong, my bad.
    Okay. NP

But I also didn’t say that I thought he has shown strength at building the farm. Again, your spin.

@SoxProspects
    Miguel Bleis went 1-for-2 with a stolen base in his debut with the DSL Red Sox Red before being lifted for a pinch runner. The 17-year-old Bleis signed for $1,500,000 as an International free agent in January, and is currently 35th on the #SP60.

All upper levels rained out.

Salem:

Drohan went 5 IP

0 H

0 BB

4 Ks
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

@SoxProspects
    Kutter Crawford left his Worcester debut with a line of 6 IP, 9 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 K.
    @WooSox trail 3-0 in the top of the eighth inning. Crawford is currently 52nd on the #SP60.

Jeter Down's OPS is now at 584.

Yairo Munoz has a 20 game hit streak. Yorke has reached base in 29 straight.

Player of the Day: The SoxProspects.com June Pitcher of the Month, Brandon Walter struggled in his first three outings after a promotion to High-A Greenville. Despite those struggles, Walter's strong peripherals indicated that he'd gotten a little unlucky thus far. The six-foot-two lefthander left little up to luck on Wednesday, striking out 12 of the 22 batters he faced on his way to giving up just one hit in six innings. Walter has struck out 33 batters and walked only three in his 18 innings with Greenville, giving him a ratio of 79 to nine across both levels.

Not sure I've mentioned Brandon Walter before.