Register now to remove this ad

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 722

Thread: 2021 Prospects

  1. #646
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Losing Maeda is not a big deal.
    He did so well, last year (2nd in CYA), had we had him, we may not have gotten the 4th draft pick.
    Last edited by moonslav59; 07-20-2021 at 11:11 PM.
    Sox 4 Ever

  2. #647
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    This is his 23 season.
    Yeah, next week when the MiLB season only has a month left. He will be 23 for most of next season. If he mashes at AAA and finds himself up mid-season or end of the season and gets called up at the same point as Duran he'd of been making his MLB debut at 23 years. It's not like he's a 24 year old struggling in AAA after playing at the level for a couple years.

  3. #648
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,746
    When Jarren Duran was Jeter Downs age he was at AA (level down) with a .634 OPS in 343 PA's.

  4. #649
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,746
    Jay Groome from June on

    K=/9 = 13.12
    BB/9 = 3.46
    H/9 = 6.9

    Yes he's 22 in high A, but he's never really had a healthy season until now. I'd like to see him get a couple starts in Portland by the end of the year.

  5. #650
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    44,305
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    When Jarren Duran was Jeter Downs age he was at AA (level down) with a .634 OPS in 343 PA's.
    It's fine, I just have underlying concerns considering that he's not hitting any doubles right now. Is he a pure power guy now?
    Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah

  6. #651
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    44,305
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Jay Groome from June on

    K=/9 = 13.12
    BB/9 = 3.46
    H/9 = 6.9

    Yes he's 22 in high A, but he's never really had a healthy season until now. I'd like to see him get a couple starts in Portland by the end of the year.
    Good to see. I was ready to write him off.
    Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah

  7. #652
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It's fine, I just have underlying concerns considering that he's not hitting any doubles right now. Is he a pure power guy now?
    Duran had little power at that age, too.
    Sox 4 Ever

  8. #653
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Jay Groome from June on

    K=/9 = 13.12
    BB/9 = 3.46
    H/9 = 6.9

    Yes he's 22 in high A, but he's never really had a healthy season until now. I'd like to see him get a couple starts in Portland by the end of the year.
    I'd like to see him called up earlier than for just 2 starts.

    We need to see what this kid's got.

    It looks like he'll be on next year's 40, so the "urgency" is not really there, but at his age- AA is it.
    Sox 4 Ever

  9. #654
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,746
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'd like to see him called up earlier than for just 2 starts.

    We need to see what this kid's got.

    It looks like he'll be on next year's 40, so the "urgency" is not really there, but at his age- AA is it.
    I don't think there's any need to rush him at this point. He's never had a healthy, good season and he's finally getting one. I think there's value in giving him that sustained level of success. Let's imagine a hypothetical where they promote him to Portland for only 1-2 starts to end the year. Regardless of how well he performs in those starts he's going to start back up in Portland next year. If he's dominating AA ball next year he will be a 23-year-old knocking on the MLB doors at this time next year. Given everything he's gone through, and all the lost time he's had developmentally that's pretty amazing.

  10. #655
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    44,305
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'd like to see him called up earlier than for just 2 starts.

    We need to see what this kid's got.

    It looks like he'll be on next year's 40, so the "urgency" is not really there, but at his age- AA is it.
    I'd almost rather him stay in one place and just not get injured. Let him dominate. If he can bring that to AA next year, he can move up quickly.
    Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah

  11. #656
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    I don't think there's any need to rush him at this point. He's never had a healthy, good season and he's finally getting one. I think there's value in giving him that sustained level of success. Let's imagine a hypothetical where they promote him to Portland for only 1-2 starts to end the year. Regardless of how well he performs in those starts he's going to start back up in Portland next year. If he's dominating AA ball next year he will be a 23-year-old knocking on the MLB doors at this time next year. Given everything he's gone through, and all the lost time he's had developmentally that's pretty amazing.
    I see your point but feel he needs to face better batters.
    Sox 4 Ever

  12. #657
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    44,305
    @SoxProspects
    Big Joe Davis went 3-for-5 in Greenville's 7-4 loss last night, his first official game with the Drive. The 24-year-old first baseman was recently promoted after slashing .333/.384/.577 with ten home runs for Salem.


    Budget Niko Kavadas is doing his thing.
    Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah

  13. #658
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    44,305
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I see your point but feel he needs to face better batters.
    I'd rather have him get some personal wins under his belt. Would be nice to let him have success for a little bit.
    Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah

  14. #659
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    44,305
    @SoxProspects
    Devlin Granberg went 2-for-4 with an RBI double in Portland's 6-3 win today. Now slashing .356/.371/.621 in 89 plate appearances for the Sea Dogs, Granberg has had two or more hits in his last four games.


    Granberg has come out from nowhere this year. Bat is finally holding its own.
    Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah

  15. #660
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    44,618
    On the farm...

    Worcester won 7-4
    Arauz 3-, HR, BB
    Wong 1-5, HR
    Cordero 0-4

    Portland won 11-6
    Crawford 6 IP 2 ER 7H, 0BB, 9K
    Fitzgerald 4-4
    Pereda 2-3, 2B, BB
    Rosario 2-5
    Potts 2-4, 2B
    T Reed 1-2, 2B, 2 RBI
    Sox 4 Ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •