Register now to remove this ad

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 1,216 to 1,226 of 1226

Thread: 2021 Prospects

  1. #1216
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48,131
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    Defense seems to be the Achilles heal of Yorke. If this dude was a good defender he might be in #1 prospect of baseball territory, the man can hit.
    If only the Sox had history with moving a pure hitter from 2b to LF. Ah well, nevertheless.

  2. #1217
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    26,619
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    If only the Sox had history with moving a pure hitter from 2b to LF. Ah well, nevertheless.
    You mean like Wil Cordero? Or Chico Walker?

  3. #1218
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48,131
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    You mean like Wil Cordero? Or Chico Walker?
    Cordero was more of a SS than a 2B.

  4. #1219
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    26,619
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Cordero was more of a SS than a 2B.
    You wouldn’t say that if you ever saw him play SS…

  5. #1220
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48,131
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    You wouldn’t say that if you ever saw him play SS…
    Can't say I watched many Expos games in 92-95. Negative TZ wherever he played except 1b. Yuck.

  6. #1221
    If Yorke cannot be a reliable defender, he drops a fair amount as he becomes more of a utility or COF guy. Reminds me of a guy the Yanks had named Nick Solak
    Hal sucks

  7. #1222
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    50,614
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    If Yorke cannot be a reliable defender, he drops a fair amount as he becomes more of a utility or COF guy. Reminds me of a guy the Yanks had named Nick Solak
    If the guy can hit, and it seems like he can, he's an easy candidate for LF or DH not utility.
    Sox 4 Ever

  8. #1223
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48,131
    It's not a terrible comparison, but that's not to say Yorke will turn into Solak.

    Yorke in low A as a 19 year old: 323/413/500, 10 HR
    Solak in low A as a 21 year old: 321/412/421, 3 HR

    Yorke had more HR's in 2021 in A ball than Solak did in 2 years (including an age 22 season in A+).

  9. #1224
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    If the guy can hit, and it seems like he can, he's an easy candidate for LF or DH not utility.
    Guys who can play the position but not well usually end up as utility guys, COFers and DH's. Helps the team out if Yorke can handle 2b, 3b in a pinch and not be absolutely abysmal
    Hal sucks

  10. #1225
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    50,614
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Guys who can play the position but not well usually end up as utility guys, COFers and DH's. Helps the team out if Yorke can handle 2b, 3b in a pinch and not be absolutely abysmal
    He can probably play FT LF and not embarrass himself, especially with a team like the Sox, who play half their games in Fenway
    Sox 4 Ever

  11. #1226
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    48,131
    @SPChrisHatfield
    Another solid start from Kutter Crawford last night in the DR. 3 IP, 3 H, 1 R (0 ER), 2 BB, 5 K. Included getting out of a bases loaded jam with Ks of Emilio Bonifacio and Chris Owings.

    Now at 21.1 IP, 0.42 ERA, 23 K, 8 BB for the winter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •