Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 55 of 55

Thread: 2021 Prospects

  1. #46
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    36,351
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Judging by this review, we'd better protect Bazardo... if only to prevent Cashie and the Rays from nabbing him.
    I'm fine with keeping Mazza, but we should protect Bazardo. There are still plenty of scrubs to DFA in order to keep Bazardo.
    Sox 4 Ever

  2. #47
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    36,351
    Rosters are 26, now, but is it possible nobody would not select Groome and have to keep him on their 26 man roster all year?
    Sox 4 Ever

  3. #48
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    39,045
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Rosters are 26, now, but is it possible nobody would not select Groome and have to keep him on their 26 man roster all year?
    I bet a team like Pittsburgh would be all over that move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

  4. #49
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    39,045
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm fine with keeping Mazza, but we should protect Bazardo. There are still plenty of scrubs to DFA in order to keep Bazardo.
    I agree that it would be easy to keep both. I'd rather have them over a guy like Marcus Wilson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

  5. #50
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    36,351
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I bet a team like Pittsburgh would be all over that move.
    True. Not worth the risk.

    Besides, who do we have that needs to be kept on the 40 man so desperately?
    Sox 4 Ever

  6. #51
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    20,660
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm fine with keeping Mazza, but we should protect Bazardo. There are still plenty of scrubs to DFA in order to keep Bazardo.
    I don't see it coming down to "Mazza vs Bazardo" when the Sox have so many other easily replaceable players on the 40-man roster. Mazza is really just the best of the Replaceables...

  7. #52
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    39,045
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    True. Not worth the risk.

    Besides, who do we have that needs to be kept on the 40 man so desperately?
    Barnes
    Brasier
    Eovaldi
    hernandez
    Houck
    Pivetta
    ERod
    Sale
    Taylor
    Vazquez
    Bogaerts
    Dalbec
    Devers
    Beni
    JD
    Verdugo
    Mata
    Groome
    Rosario
    Wong
    Potts
    Seabold

    That's it really. Everyone else could be replaced rather easily. The rest is just preference in ranking the other guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    <<< Most normal poster on Talksox

  8. #53
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    36,351
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Barnes
    Brasier
    Eovaldi
    hernandez
    Houck
    Pivetta
    ERod
    Sale
    Taylor
    Vazquez
    Bogaerts
    Dalbec
    Devers
    Beni
    JD
    Verdugo
    Mata
    Groome
    Rosario
    Wong
    Potts
    Seabold

    That's it really. Everyone else could be replaced rather easily. The rest is just preference in ranking the other guys.
    Pretty sad how almost half our roster is so expendable.
    Sox 4 Ever

  9. #54
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    20,660
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Rosters are 26, now, but is it possible nobody would not select Groome and have to keep him on their 26 man roster all year?
    Teams do NOT have to keep Rule 5 picks on their roster all year. They do have other options for holding on to them

    If a team selected Groome, they could try to work out a trade or cash settlement with the Red Sox, for example. Or they could trade him to another team, who would assume Groome's Rule 5 status and have the same options of keeping him, trading for him, or working out a cash deal.

    These types of deals happen all the time...

  10. #55
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    36,351
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Teams do NOT have to keep Rule 5 picks on their roster all year. They do have other options for holding on to them

    If a team selected Groome, they could try to work out a trade or cash settlement with the Red Sox, for example. Or they could trade him to another team, who would assume Groome's Rule 5 status and have the same options of keeping him, trading for him, or working out a cash deal.

    These types of deals happen all the time...
    True. They often send them back, too.
    Sox 4 Ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •