Register now to remove this ad

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
Results 451 to 465 of 465

Thread: 2021 Prospects

  1. #451
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    42,404
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Iím going with trade.

    My best guess is to Miami for Dylan Floro, because 1) the Marlins are loaded with young arms but desperately need hitters 2) Floro does offer the Sox a good bullpen upgrade and has postseason experience with the Dodgers and 3) it works out in BTV...
    I like the 3 years of control for Floro, but I think they'd want more than Chavis.
    Sox 4 Ever

  2. #452
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    23,846
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I like the 3 years of control for Floro, but I think they'd want more than Chavis.
    Well they acquired him for a lefty reliever with a career ERA of almost 10.00 and a fifth round pick with no MLB experience, so the historical price isn’t TOO high. A controllable former first rounder could have some value. Take, for example, Christian Arroyo.

    I can see the BTV valuations being reasonable...

  3. #453
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    43,072
    @SPChrisHatfield
    HR last night helps, but Duran's power numbers away from Polar Park still well below those at home. SSS caveat, but still kind of stark:
    H: 12 G, .286/.375/.735, 4 2B, 6 HR, .258 BABIP
    A: 9 G, .222/.349/.417, 1 2B, 2 HR, .286 BABIP

    WooSox as a team:
    H: 18 G, 33 HR
    A: 15 G, 15 HR


    I agree with some of the skepticism surrounding WOO numbers right now. We don't really know how that ballpark plays. At this point, there have been a few "jet stream" concerns posted by some who follow the team.
    Building? Back up!

  4. #454
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    42,404
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @SPChrisHatfield
    HR last night helps, but Duran's power numbers away from Polar Park still well below those at home. SSS caveat, but still kind of stark:
    H: 12 G, .286/.375/.735, 4 2B, 6 HR, .258 BABIP
    A: 9 G, .222/.349/.417, 1 2B, 2 HR, .286 BABIP

    WooSox as a team:
    H: 18 G, 33 HR
    A: 15 G, 15 HR


    I agree with some of the skepticism surrounding WOO numbers right now. We don't really know how that ballpark plays. At this point, there have been a few "jet stream" concerns posted by some who follow the team.
    2 Hrs in 9 road games is pretty good, too.
    Sox 4 Ever

  5. #455
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    43,072
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    2 Hrs in 9 road games is pretty good, too.
    The issue is 2x as many HR's at home in PP. May need to be mindful about power numbers going forward.
    Building? Back up!

  6. #456
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    42,404
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    The issue is 2x as many HR's at home in PP. May need to be mindful about power numbers going forward.
    I get the point but 2 Hrs per 9 games is 36 per 162.

    That's a mind full.
    Sox 4 Ever

  7. #457
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    @SPChrisHatfield
    HR last night helps, but Duran's power numbers away from Polar Park still well below those at home. SSS caveat, but still kind of stark:
    H: 12 G, .286/.375/.735, 4 2B, 6 HR, .258 BABIP
    A: 9 G, .222/.349/.417, 1 2B, 2 HR, .286 BABIP

    WooSox as a team:
    H: 18 G, 33 HR
    A: 15 G, 15 HR


    I agree with some of the skepticism surrounding WOO numbers right now. We don't really know how that ballpark plays. At this point, there have been a few "jet stream" concerns posted by some who follow the team.
    Boston can be pretty windy, too.

  8. #458
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,460
    Worcester kind of reminds me how scouts used to talk about the PCL years ago. You have to take the numbers with a grain of salt. The stadium was constructed for balls flying out of there.

  9. #459
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    23,846
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    2 Hrs in 9 road games is pretty good, too.
    But Duran’s .766 road OPS (and .222 road BA) is a little less than inspiring

  10. #460
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,460
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But Duran’s .766 road OPS (and .222 road BA) is a little less than inspiring
    Itís definitely a small sample size, but it falls in love with the reports that Worcesters Stadium pads stats. Itís a hitters heaven.

    Just one of many reasons to not scout the box score.

  11. #461
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    23,846
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    It’s definitely a small sample size, but it falls in love with the reports that Worcesters Stadium pads stats. It’s a hitters heaven.

    Just one of many reasons to not scout the box score.
    It also throws a big question mark into how ready to handle MLB pitching Duran really is…

  12. #462
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    31,036
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    It also throws a big question mark into how ready to handle MLB pitching Duran really is…
    After going 0 for 5 last night he's hitting .244. That will cool the old schoolers' ardor a bit.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  13. #463
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    42,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    After going 0 for 5 last night he's hitting .244. That will cool the old schoolers' ardor a bit.
    Cue the Casas call-up brigade.
    Sox 4 Ever

  14. #464
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    On top of a mountain
    Posts
    1,460
    A good formula for determining when a guy is MLB ready is to take the date fans start insisting they belong in the majors and add one year to that date.

  15. #465
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    42,404
    Quote Originally Posted by A Red Sox fan named Hugh View Post
    A good formula for determining when a guy is MLB ready is to take the date fans start insisting they belong in the majors and add one year to that date.
    That's a better plan than many I have seen, here.
    Sox 4 Ever

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •