Register now to remove this ad

Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Schilling & HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    What did he specifically say that was neo Nazi? I admit I do not follow Schilling so I have no idea what he has posted. But if someone is going to call some one a Nazi one should be prepared to cite a specific quote and not vague generalities.
    Well, he does have an extensive WWII Nazi uniform collection.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Warren Spain once played a German Soldier in a movie cameo. I guess we should throw him out of the Hall of Fame.

Warren Spain once played a German Soldier in a movie cameo. I guess we should throw him out of the Hall of Fame.
    Yes, because that’s the same thing. Totally the same situation! Your brilliance astounds!
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I really do not care for that Adolf Hitler guy . Or his henchmen. I do think Schilling belongs in the Hall of Fame. Same for Bonds , Clemens and Charley Hustle.

Yes, because that’s the same thing. Totally the same situation! Your brilliance astounds!
    I think anyone who ever owned a BMW, Mercedes, VW or Audi should be denied entry into the HOF. I will go even further obviously anyone who drinks any German Beer is suspect as well
    Last edited by Elktonnick; 01-29-2021 at 07:19 PM.

I think anyone who ever owned a BMW, Mercedes, VW or Audi should be denied entry into the HOF. I will go even further obviously anyone who drinks any German Beer is suspect as well
    Absolutely. Need to be consistent.

MVP leaves out that the fact that Schilling’s set of Nazi uniforms are a part of a large collection of WWII memorabilia. Last time I checked, the Germans were participants in that extensive conflict. Context often escapes him.

Now, if it’s the vast majority of the collection, that is more concerning. However, somehow I doubt it is.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Absolutely. Need to be consistent.

MVP leaves out that the fact that Schilling’s set of Nazi uniforms are a part of a large collection of WWII memorabilia. Last time I checked, the Germans were participants in that extensive conflict. Context often escapes him.

Now, if it’s the vast majority of the collection, that is more concerning. However, somehow I doubt it is.
    Many years ago one of my favorite folk music groups was the Chad Mitchell Trio. Among their more famous songs of the early sixties was the satirical piece entitled "The John Birch Society" MVP's post reminded me of that song,
    Last edited by Elktonnick; 01-29-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Many years ago one of my favorite folk music groups was the Chad Mitchell Trio. Among their more famous songs of the early sixties was the satirical piece entitled "The John Birch Society" MVP's post reminded me of that song,
    Wasn’t John Denver a part of that group before he embarked on his solo career?
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Yes, in 1965 after Chad Mitchell left to pursue a solo act.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG6taS9R1KM Here is a link to the song I mentioned above.

Deity
    Whoa. Slow down.

He has a collection of World War II memorabilia, including pieces from both sides.

If we can have a Pope who was a member of the Hitler Youth, I can tolerate an athlete whose historical memorabilia hobby includes the villains...

That time of year again. HOF ballot was released yesterday. ARod and Ortiz on ballot for first time.

Last chance for Bonds, Clemens, Sosa and Schilling.

Today, my ballot would be:

Bonds
    Clemens
    Schilling
    Rolen
    Wagner
    Sheffield
    Jones
    Manny
    ARod
    Papi

Good chance nobody gets voted in this year. ARod would be slam dunk except for his PED suspensions.

There's a really good chance that nobody gets in the HOF this year. That place is becoming more and more a parody of itself.
    And yes, zero people got in last year.

To me, anyone who doesn't drink German beer is suspect. And stupid. And Curt Schilling absolutely belongs in the Hall of Fame. And so do Bonds , Clemens , Pete Rose , David Ortiz and A-Rod.
    Old school is good school.

If you let the cheaters in, Sosa belongs in as does Big Mac
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    If you let the cheaters in, Sosa belongs in as does Big Mac
    Sosa? Maybe. Big Mac? No.