Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happ

What's Happ

https://www.facebook.com/12411425041...4748084985413/

This would be exciting!

Hope I didn't step on someone else's post! If so, remove this.
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Given the state of our rotation, Happ would be a welcomed addition. Still, he's yet another year older and a guy who is probably not going to give you more than 175 innings next year. If the Sox are going to compete next year they need to strengthen the top of the rotation.

The reality is, there just isn't much of a market for pitching. So a guy like Happ strengthens the middle of your rotation, you improve the bullpen and hope for a good year from E-rod and a mid-year return from Sale. If all that happens and a WS is a possibility you can always dive into the trade market next summer and improve the top of the rotation (given an ace is available).

Deity
    I do hope at some point the Sox might consider a right-handed starting pitcher. You know, Fenway...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I do hope at some point the Sox might consider a right-handed starting pitcher. You know, Fenway...
    I prefer the Sox continue being hapless... until they spend the reset money on somebody younger that will be part of a sustained contender's rotation (even if it's an extension for a pitcher acquired in a blockbuster).

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    I prefer the Sox continue being hapless... until they spend the reset money on somebody younger that will be part of a sustained contender's rotation (even if it's an extension for a pitcher acquired in a blockbuster).
    I'm telling you... Jameson Taillon.

He has had his issues, but he is a very talented pitcher with a few years of control and plays for a team on a very limited budget as he enters his arb seasons. And Bloom has had success acquiring those Pirates' former top prospects who just did not shine in Pittsburgh. (See Glasnow, Tyler)...

I'm telling you... Jameson Taillon.

He has had his issues, but he is a very talented pitcher with a few years of control and plays for a team on a very limited budget as he enters his arb seasons. And Bloom has had success acquiring those Pirates' former top prospects who just did not shine in Pittsburgh. (See Glasnow, Tyler)...
    I'm buying, but is Ben selling? He knows he can't climb out of the cellar in Pitt by signing Ryan Dempsters.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    I'm buying, but is Ben selling? He knows he can't climb out of the cellar in Pitt by signing Ryan Dempsters.
    I said a while back the Pirates would try to move Musgrove and Taillon and probably non-tender Trevor Williams (and Andy Frazier).

So far, thy have already DFA'd Williams.

They'll move Taillon. Strictly for financial purposes. Now what they want for him is another matter. (Jeter Downs for Taillon and Andy Frazier works on BTV. But is it worth it?)

I'm hoping the Sox do not further deplete their already weak assortment of minor league arms. Hold on to Mata!

I'm hoping the Sox do not further deplete their already weak assortment of minor league arms. Hold on to Mata!
    Next thread name: What'sa Mata?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Mata is interesting as his profile has changed over the years.

Earlier he was considered a back of the rotation starter pitcher because he had a good feel for pitching and he had a nice 4 pitch mix. But seeing how he didn't have that one dominant pitch or velocity he didn't really profile as a guy who you can move to the bullpen if he fails as a starter.

Fast forward a few years and he's added a slider and added velocity. Now I think his ceiling is a little higher, but so is his floor as a late inning reliever. I've always been intrigued as Mata, but......I've learned over the years to not fall in love with Boston Pitching prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Or, Que Casas?

Su Casas es mi Casas.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

What's goin' Downs?

What's Wong with you?

LOL :0 well played Moon
    RedSoxDirtdog 19
    Calm down. I've been tamed.

Deity
    And as you undoubtedly know, Whattsamata U is the alma mater of which famous cartoon character?

If you guessed Bullwinkle, you are correct...

A 38 year old southpaw that the Yankees no longer want around. That is not exactly the model for building a perennial contender. However , Happ does offer more opportunities for those who like to fool around with players names in a derogatory manner.