Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Terrible terrible choice not to go hard after Morton .Lose out on Springer I’m out !!

Pitchers with over 50 innings since 1980 that were no bueno for the Sox, but mucho bueno for the Yankees:
    Mendoza
    Andrew Miller
    Tom Gordon
    Chris Hammond
    Doug Bird

Pitchers with over 50 innings since 1980 that were no bueno for the Yankees, but mucho bueno for the sox:
    null
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    A busted wing may account for control issues and HBPs, but the guy pitched for years in postseasons and won multiple rings in NY. So there's no excuse for balking in a run with the pennant on the line (unless he was undercover or gamblers were holding his family hostage).
    Are you talking about the 19-8 game? Relitigating that one?

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Are you talking about the 19-8 game? Relitigating that one?
    Boston played eight more games after that and Francona never let him sniff the mound again. It's one of the reasons Boston played eight more games.

Deity
    Pitchers with over 50 innings since 1980 that were no bueno for the Sox, but mucho bueno for the Yankees:
    Mendoza
    Andrew Miller
    Tom Gordon
    Chris Hammond
    Doug Bird

Pitchers with over 50 innings since 1980 that were no bueno for the Yankees, but mucho bueno for the sox:
    null
    Huh?

Tom Gordon was no bueno for the Sox? He was worth 9.9 fWAR in his first 3 seasons in mutliple roles. and was 46 for 47 in save chances in 1998. His 2 seasons with the Yankees totaled 3.7 fWAR.

I am questioning if you understand was "no bueno" means and think you might not know enough Spanish to live in Florida...

The gall of Mendoza to give up 1 run in the 3rd inning of Game 3 of the ALCS!

Every other pitcher for the Red Sox that day gave up more runs than that. He arguably pitched the best out of anyone to put on a Sox uni that day.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Huh?

Tom Gordon was no bueno for the Sox? He was worth 9.9 fWAR in his first 3 seasons in mutliple roles. and was 46 for 47 in save chances in 1998. His 2 seasons with the Yankees totaled 3.7 fWAR.

I am questioning if you understand was "no bueno" means and think you might not know enough Spanish to live in Florida...
    He had a higher fWAR as a reliever for the Yanks in 04 than when he relieved in Boston.

Not sure I'm going to jizz in my pants over his 5.59 ERA in 96 that gave the Sox 2.8 WAR.

He was better in pinstripes.

Gordon: better LOB rate, k rate and bb rate with Yanks = better with the Yankees

The gall of Mendoza to give up 1 run in the 3rd inning of Game 3 of the ALCS!

Every other pitcher for the Red Sox that day gave up more runs than that. He arguably pitched the best out of anyone to put on a Sox uni that day.
    What was I thinking -- inherited runners don't matter to relievers! He was arguably better than his two regular seasons in Boston and his 5.73 ERA!

Gordon: better LOB rate, k rate and bb rate with Yanks = better with the Yankees
    "better" with the Yanks (up for debate) does not mean "no bueno" for the Sox.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    LSorry folks I’m disgusted by the lack of talk of the obvious players this team needs to compete in 21 .Where the hell is the draw to even follow this gutterball team ? We need Springer more than anything else this winter .The future at pitching is not a concern for me .Get springer put some excitement back in this rain cloud team .Move Devers to 1b he’s a butcher at 3rd go get Arenado .Im done waiting Get me a ring !!!!!! If you want pitching Snell is the guy you go after period .Yup I want Springer I want Arenado and snell .!,, this is about rings period .You ain’t first your last Ricky Bobby .Devers Benny Chavis Mata are on the block .Bring in Lemeiuw lol yeah I spelt dat .Thats right now I want springer Snell Arenaudo And the ex Yankee .Or I’m a Ghost .I know I know it’s brilliant .Thankyou in advance !!!!! It’s sooooo much better with my input Booo
    Sorry didn't read the whole thread but I had to respond to the first post.

It's hard to get worked up for 2021. This team has a lot of holes, maybe no more than the 2012 team, who won it a year later, but I seriously doubt they'll be competing for a ring in 2021.

The year I got really pissed off was the year Nelson Cruz and Max Scherzer were available, and they picked up Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez instead. In fact Nelson Cruz has been repeatedly available, and they have never been interested in him. I have no idea why.

The other time in the last 10 years I got upset was when they didn't keep Adrian Beltre. Yes he knocked Jacoby Ellsbury around, but that was an accident Seriously, what a fantastic third baseman. He should have been locked up in a long term deal. I think I was upset about Victor Martinez leaving the same year. Oh yeah, and not keeping Lester but everyone agrees on that point.

I'm not happy about Mookie Betts being gone ... but I'm already a huge Verdugo fan.

As for 2021, it is entirely possible Rodriguez - Sale - Eovaldi - Houck - Pinneta turns out to be a good rotation by year's end. And I'm guessing they bring Bradley back for CF.

The other time in the last 10 years I got upset was when they didn't keep Adrian Beltre. Yes he knocked Jacoby Ellsbury around, but that was an accident Seriously, what a fantastic third baseman. He should have been locked up in a long term deal.

Watch the video. Ellsbury never called off Beltre. His mouth never moved.

A 3Bman is supposed to run hard after every pop up, until he is called off.

It was no accident. It was gross negligence on Ellsbury's part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Kk0bgXp-o
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    But he spent most of his innings in Boston as a starter, which can give him an inflated bb rate and reduced k rate as opposed to a relief pitcher. It's not a fair comp...

The other time in the last 10 years I got upset was when they didn't keep Adrian Beltre. Yes he knocked Jacoby Ellsbury around, but that was an accident Seriously, what a fantastic third baseman. He should have been locked up in a long term deal.

Watch the video. Ellsbury never called off Beltre. His mouth never moved.

A 3Bman is supposed to run hard after every pop up, until he is called off.

It was no accident. It was gross negligence on Ellsbury's part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Kk0bgXp-o
    Yes I suppose so.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But he spent most of his innings in Boston as a starter, which can give him an inflated bb rate and reduced k rate as opposed to a relief pitcher. It's not a fair comp...
    Also gives him an inflated fWAR.

Deity
    Also gives him an inflated fWAR.
    It does, but that whole ideal makes it tough to say he was better for the Yankees. It's like saying Mariano Rivera was better for the Yankees than Pedro was for the Red Sox...