Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible terrible choice not to go hard after Morton .Lose out on Springer I’m out !!

Terrible terrible choice not to go hard after Morton .Lose out on Springer I’m out !!

LSorry folks I’m disgusted by the lack of talk of the obvious players this team needs to compete in 21 .Where the hell is the draw to even follow this gutterball team ? We need Springer more than anything else this winter .The future at pitching is not a concern for me .Get springer put some excitement back in this rain cloud team .Move Devers to 1b he’s a butcher at 3rd go get Arenado .Im done waiting Get me a ring !!!!!! If you want pitching Snell is the guy you go after period .Yup I want Springer I want Arenado and snell .!,, this is about rings period .You ain’t first your last Ricky Bobby .Devers Benny Chavis Mata are on the block .Bring in Lemeiuw lol yeah I spelt dat .Thats right now I want springer Snell Arenaudo And the ex Yankee .Or I’m a Ghost .I know I know it’s brilliant .Thankyou in advance !!!!! It’s sooooo much better with my input Booo
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 11-30-2020 at 09:16 PM.

Deity
    Is it spring training already?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    LSorry folks I’m disgusted by the lack of talk of the obvious players this team needs to compete in 21 .Where the hell is the draw to even follow this gutterball team ? We need Springer more than anything else this winter .The future at pitching is not a concern for me .Get springer put some excitement back in this rain cloud team .Move Devers to 1b he’s a butcher at 3rd go get Arenado .Im done waiting Get me a ring !!!!!! If you want pitching Snell is the guy you go after period .Yup I want Springer I want Arenado and snell .!,, this is about rings period .You ain’t first your last Ricky Bobby .Devers Benny Chavis Mata are on the block .Bring in Lemeiuw lol yeah I spelt dat .Thats right now I want springer Snell Arenaudo And the ex Yankee .Or I’m a Ghost .I know I know it’s brilliant .Thankyou in advance !!!!! It’s sooooo much better with my input Booo
    You are seriously fucked in the head LOL
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Where the hell is the draw to even follow this gutterball team ?

Please, find another team to follow, soon.
    Sox 4 Ever

Stop threatening to leave and ACT!
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Quote Originally Posted by jad View Post
    Stop threatening to leave and ACT!
    It's the ones who threaten to leave who never do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    It's the ones who threaten to leave who never do.
    It's better to burn out than to fade away.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

And Springer hasn't even signed yet.

I don't believe Morton is worth 15M.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    And Springer hasn't even signed yet.

I don't believe Morton is worth 15M.
    There are clear pros and cons to Morton, who has managed to hold a late career surge since he signed with Houston. On the plus side, he was a 6 fWAR pitcher as recently as 2019 and he is battle-tested in the post-season. On the downside, he is 37 years old. I don't think a heavy salary for a single season is all that outrageous for him. But the key being that it is for one season.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    There are clear pros and cons to Morton, who has managed to hold a late career surge since he signed with Houston. On the plus side, he was a 6 fWAR pitcher as recently as 2019 and he is battle-tested in the post-season. On the downside, he is 37 years old. I don't think a heavy salary for a single season is all that outrageous for him. But the key being that it is for one season.
    It's not outrageous, but I bet the Sox could do better getting two arms for that price, especially in this market.

Deity
    It's not outrageous, but I bet the Sox could do better getting two arms for that price, especially in this market.
    They could defintely get 2 arms for that price, but will those two arms even combine for 6 fWAR?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    They could defintely get 2 arms for that price, but will those two arms even combine for 6 fWAR?
    I think you're expecting a little too much out of Morton.

Morton averaged 5.8 innings per start in 2019. He pitched 6 innings in 21 of 33 starts (64%).

Morton averaged 4.2 innings per start in 2020. He didn't pitch 6 innings in any start (0%).

He had a career year in 2019 as a 36 year old. I don't think he'll be doing that ever again.

Morton averaged 4.2 innings per start in 2020. He didn't pitch 6 innings in any start (0%).
    A bit of Rays analytics mania involved there, perhaps.

Or that his WHIP went from 1.08 to 1.39? Or that his k rate was his lowest since 2015? Or that his LOB% was his worst since 2016? Or that his ERA- was 111? Or that his barrel% was his highest since it had ever been tracked?

But maybe it was because the Rays just went a little overboard with actually trying to win some regular season games? Maybe it had nothing to do with how Morton was actually pitching!

Snell didn't pitch 6 innings in any game either. However, Morton's declining metrics leave me to believe he won't be a 6 fWAR pitcher this year.

Deity
    Also, it was only 9 starts...