Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Don't know where I'm living, working in Quincy, 100% out of the office.

My thought process is that Quincy is in range of the red line, but I would need to Uber find some other way to get from the T stop to the office. I went up there Labor Day weekend to scope out the area and get an idea for various Uber rates, to see how that would equate per month to gas, insurance, and other car expenses. Beyond that though, I only see myself really needing a car regularly for golf, and if I had to go home for anything. That's why I want to try to sneak by without one
    Having to rely on Uber or the bus to get you to and from the train everyday sounds like a huge pain in the ass to me. Does the firm offer any transportation stipend?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    That was you ?
    LOL!

That reminds me: I was in a driver safety class way back, when I had to take it for part of a job I had as a delivery driver, and this guy who was there for having too many speeding tickets was said, "Once I knew I could no longer speed, I started driving in the left lane next to another car, so nobody else could speed."

I said, "That was you!?!?!!"
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I'm driving down a 4 lane road going maybe 48 in a 45- my wife in the passenger seat. I see this extra long "Sparkling Pets" van waiting to turn left in front of me. He probably had time to make the turn, but he waits until I'm too close, then guns it hard in front of me.

I have rarely had to screech my brakes, but I did on this one. I see this big "Sparkling Pets" picture on the side of the van getting closer and closer. I missed it by about 6 feet. I laid on the horn for about 8 seconds.

I was going to call the company to report it, but I never got around to it.
    I can't forget to include the closest I've ever been to death. Was driving to my HS to watch a basketball game. In case you didn't know this about today's youth, no matter what HS you go to, during your senior year you start finding yourself going to every sporting event, at least for the teams that are good at your school. Anyway, this guy goes through a stop sign full speed and turns left towards me. I almost got t-boned at full speed. Not sure how I avoided it. It was one of those times where instincts take over. I can only remember what took place before and after. Not during.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Having to rely on Uber or the bus to get you to and from the train everyday sounds like a huge pain in the ass to me. Does the firm offer any transportation stipend?
    It is a huge pain in the ass, but if it's cheaper, I would consider it. I haven't actually run the numbers yet though.

I am not aware of any transportation stipend.

It is a huge pain in the ass, but if it's cheaper, I would consider it. I haven't actually run the numbers yet though.

I am not aware of any transportation stipend.
    IMO, if you're not in walking distance from the train station for work, you may as well just have a car. If you can fully commute without a car, do it. I just found out over time that having a car made my life a little bit easier, especially if you ever want to go back to CT for the weekend or whatever.

IMO, if you're not in walking distance from the train station for work, you may as well just have a car. If you can fully commute without a car, do it. I just found out over time that having a car made my life a little bit easier, especially if you ever want to go back to CT for the weekend or whatever.
    You sound like my mom

You sound like my mom
    They really should have just traded that Pedroia person, dear!

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Is “beating a dead horse into the ground” a portmanteau of two separate cliches?
    LOL Nice.

When one cliche is simply not strong enough.

Considering I'm moving to Massachusetts in 6 months, I should probably adopt that mindset as well...
    I am grateful that my commute to work (when working on site) is about 12 minutes each way, all on secondary roads. Also, I am at work by 6:30 and home by 3:00, avoiding heavy traffic times. I don't think I could handle dealing with rush hour traffic every day.

I can't believe they didn't trade Pedroia when I suggested it years ago!
    How have you not been hired by a major league team yet?

Road rage incidents are on a sharp rise, maybe due to all the pent up frustration and lack of social interactions, so something like this may get us shot.

I must admit, I feel rage, at times with some of these clowns on the road.
    Many years ago, I had a firearm brandished at me for apparently driving too slow. Scared the crap out of me. There are too many crazy people out there to be showing any kind of aggression, not that I would show aggression anyway.

You sound like my mom
    Listen to your mom. Moms know best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Many years ago, I had a firearm brandished at me for apparently driving too slow. Scared the crap out of me. There are too many crazy people out there to be showing any kind of aggression, not that I would show aggression anyway.
    That is high level psychotic road rage — brandishing a firearm at a woman. Unbelievable. Usually, there is some escalation before a gun comes out, and women are not usually threatening enough to result in Gun brandishing. Did you piss him off by telling him that batting orders don’t matter? LOL!
    Last edited by a700hitter; 12-10-2020 at 07:42 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

That is high level psychotic road rage — brandishing a firearm at a woman. Unbelievable. Usually, there is some escalation before a gun comes out, and women are not usually threatening enough to result in Gun brandishing. Did you piss him of by telling him that batting orders don’t matter? LOL!
    It's on her bumper sticker!

Batting Lineups Don't Matter

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

That is high level psychotic road rage — brandishing a firearm at a woman. Unbelievable. Usually, there is some escalation before a gun comes out, and women are not usually threatening enough to result in Gun brandishing. Did you piss him of by telling him that batting orders don’t matter? LOL!
    LOL This was close to 20 years ago, before I knew that batting orders didn't matter.

Sadly, it doesn't take much to push people to that level.