Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But you're back in the office!!
    Yes, I'm enjoying my large office that is decorated in museum quality artwork. I've got a great view through my wall to wall window too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

People that are sending death threats to the players on their favorite college basketball teams when they lose in the NCAA tournament. For God's sakes, people, has the last year taught you absolutely nothing? It's just a game. 40 minutes of basketball should be the least of your concerns in life.

This is why you don't gamble.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    People that are sending death threats to the players on their favorite college basketball teams when they lose in the NCAA tournament. For God's sakes, people, has the last year taught you absolutely nothing? It's just a game. 40 minutes of basketball should be the least of your concerns in life.

Thunder, what's really bad is that the sports are now actively promoting betting on their games.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrés_Escobar
    I get MV Pee.

Deity

In the tournament in 1994, Duke was a 2 point underdog to UConn. Trailing by 4 points as the clock was about to expire, Duke’s Chris Duhon threw up a 45 foot Hail Mary that found the net, and Duke lost 79-78. But they covered the spread.

Immediately after that shot hit, people were screaming “Fix!!” Even on message boards!

Really? A fix on a 45 foot buzzer beater?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Thunder, what's really bad is that the sports are now actively promoting betting on their games.
    Eh, that I actually understand. You know they're going to bet on games anyway, so why not make deals with FanDuel and the like to earn some extra advertising revenue?

Holy shit. I did not know about this.

You could argue that in the age of the Internet, the lasting emotional and mental impact can be just as destructive. Look at these messages sent to Ohio State's PG after they lost to Oral Roberts:

https://twitter.com/EasyE2432/status...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

YouTube TV is offering a week of free MLB.TV in honor of Opening Day. I was so excited when I saw the Red Sox "channel" pop up on my guide. But, blackout rules still apply. Thanks for nothing MLB. Yankees and Mets are also blacked out here as well

Little League parents that ruin it for everyone else.
    I get MV Pee.

Little League parents that ruin it for everyone else.
    As a little league umpire, I know this all to well. A couple parents in my town are notorious for arguing balls and strikes right after their precious little Johnny doesn't get a hit in the previous AB. As if it's my fault

As a little league umpire, I know this all to well. A couple parents in my town are notorious for arguing balls and strikes right after their precious little Johnny doesn't get a hit in the previous AB. As if it's my fault
    Robo umps in LL, now!
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Robo umps in LL, now!
    It's not even an issue with the umpiring. Sure, having teenage kids ump from behind the pitcher isn't great, but if it's close enough for them to call a strike the kids should be swinging at it when they have 2 strikes.

The problem our team has is lots of off field drama. Since we're new to the area, we don't have long standing relationships with these people so aside from chit chatting about the weather and cheering the kids on, I really don't know what the issue has been. I guess there have been problems during practice with some of the parents complaining about playing time to assistant coaches. I'm coaching my daughter's team at the same time so I haven't been there for the drama. They've also been texting and calling each other on the side and I guess just bad mouthing the head coach? I don't really know. The coach is awesome. It's a sad situation. My son loves to play for the guy, but I guess that's what they mean by "little league can be political." It just sucks that they basically ran off my son's two favorite coaches.

For example, my son was at the bottom of the order the first few games of the season and was basically stuck in RF or LF. I told him that I was frustrated at him, not the coaches. That he needed to show the coaches that he wanted to be there by trying hard and listening to them. Well, a few weeks later, he's now hitting in the middle of the order and is rotating in at 2b. All it took was him practicing on his own and just following what the coaches said. Big surprise. I don't have any delusions of grandeur that he'll play in the pros someday, but I can say that I'm very proud that other parents and coaches have told me that he's the most improved player on the team.
    I get MV Pee.

My gym needs proof of my new address before they let me cancel my membership. I'm moving. Deal with it.

My gym needs proof of my new address before they let me cancel my membership. I'm moving. Deal with it.
    Scam.
    I get MV Pee.

Scam.
    Good news is I'm in the process of switching bank accounts. The gym is on the account that I am closing. Worst case, they go to charge that card next month and get declined.