Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What Really Grinds My Gears 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    just as bad is trying to get some toys out of the plastic packaging or toys that are held in place by a hundred thick twist ties that are wound tight and are also taped down. It's harder to get these toys out of the package than it is to break someone out of prison.
    lol!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Just as bad is trying to get some toys out of the plastic packaging or toys that are held in place by a hundred thick twist ties that are wound tight and are also taped down. It's harder to get these toys out of the package than it is to break someone out of prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    lol!
    Just saw on tv either last night or the night before that there are an average of 6500 ER visits every year due to injuries obtained from trying to open plastic packaging. The stuff is dangerous! LOL

Just saw on tv either last night or the night before that there are an average of 6500 ER visits every year due to injuries obtained from trying to open plastic packaging. The stuff is dangerous! LOL
    Maybe another 6500 claim their injury happened another way, rather than be embarrassed.

When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I can see that. Because you get frustrated and start ripping and tearing with your hands, or a pair of scissors or other sharp instrument...many bad things can happen.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Maybe another 6500 claim their injury happened another way, rather than be embarrassed.

That could be. I'm sure there are also countless other injuries caused by this wrapping that aren't severe enough for ER visits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I can see that. Because you get frustrated and start ripping and tearing with your hands, or a pair of scissors or other sharp instrument...many bad things can happen.
    Absolutely. Although I haven't injured myself, I've been at that frustration level. LOL

Deity
    That could be. I'm sure there are also countless other injuries caused by this wrapping that aren't severe enough for ER visits.
    Not to mention those who simply die from unwrapping plastic before they can even make it to the ER...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Not to mention those who simply die from unwrapping plastic before they can even make it to the ER...
    LOL Good point.

People who do not respond to their work email.

How about a little professionalism and common courtesy?

My direct supervisor at my school- the Assistant Principal has never responded to any of my emails, including those titled "URGENT."

I stopped emailing him. It's a running joke in our school.

He's retiring in 2 years and is too liked by everyone to ever be fired.

My direct supervisor at my school- the Assistant Principal has never responded to any of my emails, including those titled "URGENT."

I stopped emailing him. It's a running joke in our school.

He's retiring in 2 years and is too liked by everyone to ever be fired.
    Thankfully, my principal is awesome about responding, usually within a matter of minutes.

I have two assistant principals who don't respond, along with several others in the school.

Thankfully, my principal is awesome about responding, usually within a matter of minutes.

I have two assistant principals who don't respond, along with several others in the school.
    I'm the ESL coordinator at my school, and the principal I'm talking about is the ESL principal.

Luckily,he's only 3 doors down, but for someone who thinks of himself as a luddite, this guy bugs even me.

I had a professor last year who would completely ignore emails altogether if they did not follow proper email etiquette. But, he also never responded to most emails in general. He would wait to see you in class and then walk up to you to discuss the issue. Most of the times it would be moot by then anyway. I loved him as a professor and his class, but the one time it annoyed me was when I got to miss an exam because we had a Friday night football game. He told me to send me an email to remind him and confirm that I wouldn't attend, but then he didn't respond, so I was a little unsure if he actually got it or not

Owner, COO and CFO all don't talk to each other at my company. The Owner skips all management meetings and only communicates via text. The CFO is scared of the COO and doesn't talk to the owner about money. The COO does what he wants when he wants.

Company culture is great, thanks for asking.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I'm the ESL coordinator at my school, and the principal I'm talking about is the ESL principal.

Luckily,he's only 3 doors down, but for someone who thinks of himself as a luddite, this guy bugs even me.
    Imagine if I did not respond to an email from one of these administrators...