Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This team is a total Yawn both on the field and off from top to bottom the Redsox

This team is a total Yawn both on the field and off from top to bottom the Redsox

Have become the last thing on anyone’s mind in sports .I don’t think I can get up to watch another brutal paint dry season Jake Ordirizzi ? Hill ? Are you fucking kidding me ? This GM is a terrible fit here .Next World Series title under Chaim Bloom is NEVER .

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Have become the last thing on anyone’s mind in sports .I don’t think I can get up to watch another brutal paint dry season Jake Ordirizzi ? Hill ? Are you fucking kidding me ? This GM is a terrible fit here .Next World Series title under Chaim Bloom is NEVER .
    Perhaps it's time to find a more exciting team to follow.

Or not.

Stars generate interest. Everybody in town knew the day of the week Pedro was pitching. It was an event. Sale had that. Mookie has star power. This roster doesn’t have anything close to that.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Deity
    Stars generate interest. Everybody in town knew the day of the week Pedro was pitching. It was an event. Sale had that. Mookie has star power. This roster doesn’t have anything close to that.
    We don’t have Sale anymore?

Deity
    We don’t have Sale anymore?
    hmm What day of the week going in to next season do you anticipate him pitching?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    hmm What day of the week going in to next season do you anticipate him pitching?
    Thursday. I could never get the hang of Thursdays...

Deity
    Of course stars don’t always translate to winning. The Red Sox trotted Hall of Famers out into left field to stand in front of the Monster for 50 consecutive seasons and gathered exactly 0 rings during that time...

Stop.

Winning generates interest. It the team is winning, fans will watch whether the team has any superstars on it or not.

Of course stars don’t always translate to winning. The Red Sox trotted Hall of Famers out into left field to stand in front of the Monster for 50 consecutive seasons and gathered exactly 0 rings during that time...
    Superstars will typically sell tickets. This is a problem that we had with Lucchino. He wanted those shiny new toys that would put fans in the seats. While superstars may or may not translate to winning, the philosophy of signing players to draw fan interest is not a very good practice, IMO.

You are a total YAWN.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Guys, why do we still respond to his spam? Just ignore him and he'll go away

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't think he'll go away. He has an uncontrollable urge to start a thread every time a thought pops into his head.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Bored. Other discussion topics related to baseball are lacking.

I could start a thread about my disappointment in missing out on David Dahl for$3mill...

Bored. Other discussion topics related to baseball are lacking.

I could start a thread about my disappointment in missing out on David Dahl for$3mill...
    There's been some on and off talk for awhile about starting an announcers thread. Is that something people would be into?