Register now to remove this ad

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 352

Thread: This team is a total Yawn both on the field and off from top to bottom the Redsox

  1. #256
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    29,675
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Seems like the same platform I've used the past 20 years. The bells and whistles must be very quiet.
    Yeah, we're still using the 2007 version here.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  2. #257
    TalkSox Godhead mvp 78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    40,829
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Yeah, we're still using the 2007 version here.
    We run 365 so everything is up to date I believe. It's really no different to the 07 version.
    Building? Back up!

  3. #258
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    24,621
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Don't sign pitchers older than 30!
    Henry should have never wavered from his philosophy of not signing pitchers in their 30s to long term deals.

  4. #259
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    24,621
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Well, not for 7 years,

    David Price was a guy the Sox were willing to pay heavily for in his twilight years...
    If anyone, that guy should have been Lester.

  5. #260
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    24,621
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    My dad turns 94 in July, God willing, and he has more energy than I do!
    Good for you dad!

  6. #261
    All-Star jad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,116
    Thank God my parents had the good taste to die before that! (although my uncle is hanging in there at 98: he has dementia, but says it's fine, because he can now read all day and never has to turn the page!)
    I owe Bellhorn04 $100 (virtual), which I will pay off with two tix to a Seadogs game in 2021.

  7. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Henry should have never wavered from his philosophy of not signing pitchers in their 30s to long term deals.
    Agreed, certainly nothing over 4 years.

  8. #263
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    38,665
    Best Sox pitchers by fWAR since 2002 by age groups:

    (note: this is an imperfect way to view age groups, as some pitchers were not with the Sox for the full time period.)

    22-25
    10.8 Lester (91)
    7.0 ERod (88)
    4.9 Buch (62)
    3.6 Doubront (59)

    26-29
    15.2 Beckett (122)
    13.8 Sale (59)
    13.2 Lester (129)
    11.3 Porcello (127)
    8.0 Dice-K (98)
    6.2 B Arroyo (61)
    5.6 Buch (87)
    4.6 Lowe (32)
    3.7 ERod (34)
    3.2 Pom (56)
    2.7 Miley (32)
    2.3 Kelly (41)


    30-33
    19.7 Pedro (92 GS)
    10.6 Price (98)
    6.1 Beckett (72)
    4.6 Lowe (66)
    4.2 Lackey (61)
    3.8 Lester (21)
    3.7 Buch (39)
    3.6 Sale (25)

    34-37
    7.7 Wakefield (78)
    6.5 Schilling (32)
    4.5 Lackey (50)
    1.8 Burkett (29)

    38+
    8.6 Schilling (66)
    7.8 Wakefield (138)
    6.1 Uehara (0)
    3.0 Wells (30)
    2.7 Burkett (30)
    Sox 4 Ever

  9. #264
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    38,665

    Sox Pitchers Signed for 4+ Years Since 2002

    RED=most contract years over 30...

    5 Sale 31-35 years old/contract began '20
    4 Eovaldi 28-31/ '19 (1.3 bWAR in 2 yrs)
    7 Price 30-35/ '16 (10.5 bWAR in 1st 4 yrs)
    4 Porcello 27-30/ '16 (1.4 bWAR)
    4 Buchholz 27-30/ '12 (5.9 bWAR)
    5 Lackey 31-35/ '10 (3.4 bWAR 1 w STL, but then 8.7 next 2 yrs after contract)
    5 Lester 25-29/ '09 (18.6 bWAR)
    3 Beckett 27-29/ '07 (9.3 bWAR)
    3 Clement 30-32/ '05 (0.3 bWAR in 2 yrs)
    4 Foulke 31-34/ '04 (4.1 WAR in 3 yrs)
    Sox 4 Ever

  10. #265
    Legend TylerD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,499
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    RED=most contract years over 30...

    5 Sale 31-35 years old/contract began '20
    4 Eovaldi 28-31/ '19 (1.3 bWAR in 2 yrs)
    7 Price 30-35/ '16 (10.5 bWAR in 1st 4 yrs)
    4 Porcello 27-30/ '16 (1.4 bWAR)
    4 Buchholz 27-30/ '12 (5.9 bWAR)
    5 Lackey 31-35/ '10 (3.4 bWAR 1 w STL, but then 8.7 next 2 yrs after contract)
    5 Lester 25-29/ '09 (18.6 bWAR)
    3 Beckett 27-29/ '07 (9.3 bWAR)
    3 Clement 30-32/ '05 (0.3 bWAR in 2 yrs)
    4 Foulke 31-34/ '04 (4.1 WAR in 3 yrs)
    We have had good stretches with these pitchers, but they seem to fall off the cliff for us by their last season.

  11. #266
    Deity moonslav59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Sugar Land, Texas
    Posts
    38,665
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    We have had good stretches with these pitchers, but they seem to fall off the cliff for us by their last season.
    Well...

    Sale missed year 1 of his extension.
    Price gave us a lot of innings year 1, but he had his worst career ERA+ in 2016.
    Eovaldi sucked his first year after signing.
    Lackey sucked year 1 and then missed year 2.

    OK:
    Buchholz pitched more innings in 2012 than ever, but his 4.56 ERA was not all that great for year 1. His year 2 was great (237 ERA+ is one of MLB's all time best, but it was only for 108 IP).

    Good:
    Porcello won the Cy Young, year one of his deal.
    Lester did well all 3 years of that deal. Beckett, too. It was the next deal that...

    Clement retired before his deal ended- sad case.
    Foulke fell off a cliff.

    Sox 4 Ever

  12. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Well...

    Sale missed year 1 of his extension.
    Price gave us a lot of innings year 1, but he had his worst career ERA+ in 2016.
    Eovaldi sucked his first year after signing.
    Lackey sucked year 1 and then missed year 2.

    OK:
    Buchholz pitched more innings in 2012 than ever, but his 4.56 ERA was not all that great for year 1. His year 2 was great (237 ERA+ is one of MLB's all time best, but it was only for 108 IP).

    Good:
    Porcello won the Cy Young, year one of his deal.
    Lester did well all 3 years of that deal. Beckett, too. It was the next deal that...

    Clement retired before his deal ended- sad case.
    Foulke fell off a cliff.

    Bloom seems over his head heís signing easy milky toast players heís a trash GM gets an F so far

  13. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    Bloom seems over his head heís signing easy milky toast players heís a trash GM gets an F so far
    Blooms successes will be measured in 24-25. If the Sox arenít title contenders and built to sustain by then, then heís a failure

  14. #269
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    24,621
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Blooms successes will be measured in 24-25. If the Sox aren’t title contenders and built to sustain by then, then he’s a failure
    24-25?

    Stop. Just stop.

  15. #270
    All-Star jad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,116
    You mean, if after five years, the top executive you've hired leaves you in not quite the same good shape as you were when you hired him, you would consider him unsuccessful? Whoa. That requires way more business acumen than I would dream of possessing.
    I owe Bellhorn04 $100 (virtual), which I will pay off with two tix to a Seadogs game in 2021.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •