Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sox sign Hunter Renfroe

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Miller makes too much sense. I'd love to see Mitch back.
    I am ok with either,

Neither figures to be a bank breaker. Moreland is a known commodity by the bulk of the Sox organization. Miller is a known commodity for Bloom...

He should be fun to watch.

@redsoxstats
    2019-20 Renfroe has a .558 SLG, .562 xSLG against LHP with a 13% walk rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    1 year $3.1 million

Now will this mean Verdugo is moving to CF or Renfroe will be spelling Benintendi? Not sure anyone knows yet...
    Same deal that the Rangers gave Dahl, but he bats lefty. Renfroe was originally drafted by Boston in 2010 in the 31st round. Guy like that maybe doesn't even get a shot now with the minors consolidated...

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Same deal that the Rangers gave Dahl, but he bats lefty. Renfroe was originally drafted by Boston in 2010 in the 31st round. Guy like that maybe doesn't even get a shot now with the minors consolidated...
    https://www.fangraphs.com/players/da...on=OF&season=0

Sox didn't need another LHB in the OF. If used solely as a platoon, I think Renfroe is the better fit. I'd also be a little worried about what happens when Dahl no longer hits in Colorado.

@ChrisCotillo
    Bloom says that if the season was starting today, Alex Verdugo would be best-suited to play CF. Says Renfroe and Benintendi have the ability to play there too.

@ChrisCotillo
    Red Sox still have room to add to their outfield, Bloom says. Renfroe might not be the final addition there.

@TomCaron
    Renfroe has appeared in 3 games at Fenway Park. He went 4-for-11. Two doubles, two HRs. Bloom thinks his power will continue to play at Fenway. #RedSox

Deity
    The difference being Dahl has experience in CF, albeit just 548 innings (with positive metrics in a define SSS).

The Sox could have assumed Dahl to be a potential solution in CF, but his limited paying time and incredibly spotty health history probably made passing on him the right move...

Deity
    @TomCaron
    Renfroe has appeared in 3 games at Fenway Park. He went 4-for-11. Two doubles, two HRs. Bloom thinks his power will continue to play at Fenway. #RedSox
    In 81 games, that paces out to 54 home runs and 54 doubles!! Just at home!!

Deity
    Probably worth pointing out it might be helpful if all of the opposing teams brought in Kyle Hart and Marcus Walden for Renfroe to hit off of. I'm not even sure if home runs hit off Kyle Hart should count...

@ChrisCotillo
    Red Sox still have room to add to their outfield, Bloom says. Renfroe might not be the final addition there.
    It won't be Springer, but this move probably means it won't be JBJ, either... especially if Bloom is talking up Verdirtdog playing center.

Now if only he got to hit off Walden and Kyle Hart every game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P4tHRctLeY

Deity
    It won't be Springer, but this move probably means it won't be JBJ, either... especially if Bloom is talking up Verdirtdog playing center.
    I wouldn't rule out JBJ regardless of the "talking up" of Verdugo in CF. That could easily be nothing more than a negotiating ploy. We've seen it before, like when Epstein started talking to the press about moving Pedroia to shortstop. He still went and signed Scutaro anyway...

Deity
    Now if only he got to hit off Walden and Kyle Hart every game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P4tHRctLeY
    You're a full 10 minutes behind me on that one...

I wouldn't rule out JBJ regardless of the "talking up" of Verdugo in CF. That could easily be nothing more than a negotiating ploy. We've seen it before, like when Epstein started talking to the press about moving Pedroia to shortstop. He still went and signed Scutaro anyway...
    ... and traded Bronson Arroyo for Wily Mo Pena, because his right-handed power would knock down the Monster. Pena, career .303 OBP... Renfroe .290 OBP -- rut-row; but I have a dog named Hunter (his rescue name my family refused to change), who brings a lot of energy to the lineup...