Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Milky toast GM over his head and overmatched

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Bloom is the anti-Dombrowski. Anyone expecting a bunch of Dombrowski type moves is likely going to be disappointed. That's not to say that Bloom won't eventually make a big free agent signing or a big trade, but now is not the time for either of those, for many reasons.
    I was wondering if Henry called a moratorium on the Sox Big Spending Days. But if he wanted a lower salary for his team and a payroll reduction, one might suspect Bogaerts would be in more trade rumors and Benintendi in fewer. Still it is a possibility...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I was wondering if Henry called a moratorium on the Sox Big Spending Days. But if he wanted a lower salary for his team and a payroll reduction, one might suspect Bogaerts would be in more trade rumors and Benintendi in fewer. Still it is a possibility...
    They're betwixt and between, though, aren't they? NESN ratings nosedived the last 2 seasons. If the Red Sox want to be the Rays, their revenues are going to show it too.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

While all Sox fans hope you're wrong, it appears there are two camps in Red Sox Nation: those who keep using the past to feel good about the future, and those who can't help but worry about what is not happening now.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    They're betwixt and between, though, aren't they? NESN ratings nosedived the last 2 seasons. If the Red Sox want to be the Rays, their revenues are going to show it too.
    Well, let’s keep some perspective and remember the vast gray area in between being one of the highest spending teams and the Rays - an area where 20-25 other teams reside...

Well, let’s keep some perspective and remember the vast gray area in between being one of the highest spending teams and the Rays - an area where 20-25 other teams reside...
    I was using hyperbole for rhetorical effect.

Deity
    I was using hyperbole for rhetorical effect.
    Don't incite panic.

Bloom's inactivity is actually proof jacko is not correct about Chaim's plans...

Don't incite panic.

Bloom's inactivity is actually proof jacko is not correct about Chaim's plans...
    How so?

How so?
    Complete tanking.

Troll thread.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    How so?
    If Bloom was going to be all about selling off players in July, he would need to add a few more short term sellable pieces. Right now the Sox have too many heavily paid immovables to have a fire sale.

Also Bogaerts would likely already be gone. His opt out reduces his trade value. He might even have been a Met by now...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Complete tanking.
    Is this the NBA or NFL?

Tanking doesn’t help much in MLB because draft picks are more volatile and less immediate...

I don't think there are too many fans who are content to have another miserable season in the hope that things will be better in 2022 and beyond. Perhaps we are a bit spoiled, but that is how it goes. I hope that Sox ownership and management realizes that.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I don't think there are too many fans who are content to have another miserable season in the hope that things will be better in 2022 and beyond. Perhaps we are a bit spoiled, but that is how it goes. I hope that Sox ownership and management realizes that.
    Having watched the RS since the 50s, I'm used to consecutive miserable seasons, and it never affected the way I followed the team. What was important then was that despite how bad they were, you were following the same guys year after year. These were the players I cared about. If the roster is turned over every year or every few years, why would I feel loyalty? With the internet, I can follow any team i want. Maybe a team where RS sends its best players.
    "Fans have become more entitled than anything. So they're starting to question our motives for the game, or how we approach the game. The ones that do question -- like who are you? Just shut up and watch the game tonight." --Kevin Durant on players' lack of effort in regular season games.

Is this the NBA or NFL?

Tanking doesn’t help much in MLB because draft picks are more volatile and less immediate...
    Agreed. Yet our resident Bronx saluter has been "advising" us to trade off every single MLB player since the Betts' polarization; most likely, to make it easier for under-performing pinstripers to get closer to that pinnacle they've been slipping away for over a decade now.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    We're definitely spoiled, and loving it. But that's what makes posters like us keep caring when so many band-wagoneers already tuned out before the pandemic.