Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 78

Thread: Milky toast GM over his head and overmatched

  1. #1

    Milky toast GM over his head and overmatched

    How many more C level players cast offs and ex Rays can one trash GM sign ?Bloom gets an F and has had plenty of time now .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 01-16-2021 at 07:43 PM.

  2. #2
    King of TalkSox a700hitter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    66,878
    He hasn’t shown us anything yet. He got rid of Mookie and Price and that has been it.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    The Sox will compete with the Jays.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    He hasn’t shown us anything yet. He got rid of Mookie and Price and that has been it.
    A700 I respect you man and I really love Verdugo but buddy you could have made that deal .i need to see something soon I’m really losing faith in this franchise choice with Bloom .If Henry wants to be the Rays go buy that shit franchise this is Boston .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 01-16-2021 at 07:48 PM.

  4. #4
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    29,675
    What we don't know is how much budget room he's been given by Henry. We were led to believe they'd be doing some spending.

    Still a lot of time and players out there, though.

    I'll wait until I see the team.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  5. #5
    You need to be in reality here. They were a team that was passed by the Yanks and Rays. They had a desolate farm. They were overweight with bad contracts. If they brought in a Sandy Alderson, I would say you're gonna spend your way into contention. You got Bloom, a guy who is known as a master trader and builder. He is a value guy. You don't get value from the top of the FA market. I think Bloom has done a phenomenal job, and this isnt because I am a Yankee fan. He hasnt invested in any bad deals. He got rid of an underwater contract and 1 year of an MVP caliber player and got a top 100 prospect and a near AS level OFer with 5 years of control. He dealt off a clearly declining Workman and actually got some real talent. He dealt off Pillar and actually got some talent. I have been really impressed by his trades. His draft was reasonable, not knock it out of the park, but added some good talent. He has held onto his prospects. But if you think the sox are gonna contend in 21 and likely 22, then you're out of your mind.

    If you want predictions, I have some...

    The sox will nurture ERod back to health and trade him for a good haul
    The sox will deal off or re-sign Xander to a new deal by the end of 2021. He will not go into 2022 with only one year of control. If dealt, JMart will be part of the deal
    Devers will get dealt away within the next 2 years. Devers value is way higher as a 3b, and before he ages out of the position, Bloom will cash in and get pitching capital
    The sox will sign no major FAs this offseason, one mid level FA next offseason and be enormous players in the FA market after 22.
    The sox will not make the playoffs in 21 or 22, but will be a PO contender in 23 and a WS contender 24 and onward
    The rebuild is complete.

  6. #6
    Some posters on this forum are in over their heads and overmatched.

    Or not.

  7. #7
    Great thoughts... agree on most of them! Devers needs to be dealt before his weight becomes more of an issue. With his body type and lack of offseason conditioning he will never stay mobile enough to stick at 3B down the road. Send him out for arms while his stock is high! I did not see any thoughts in this post on Sale.....????

  8. #8
    Completely agree.... we may fall so far behind other teams that actually acquire talent and not double AA scrubs, it will be to far gone to complete with the big boys!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    A700 I respect you man and I really love Verdugo but buddy you could have made that deal .i need to see something soon I’m really losing faith in this franchise choice with Bloom .If Henry wants to be the Rays go buy that shit franchise this is Boston .
    It's a good thing other posters are not as alarmist as you are. I agree with Jackson---. Bloom is doing a good job of bringing the team back into contention and will make value moves to make that happen. There is a lot of harm that has to be undone. I do expect several more solid moves before the season starts and one more this coming week. The Sox will be far more respectable in 2021 and start to be seen as a serious contender in 2022.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    Great thoughts... agree on most of them! Devers needs to be dealt before his weight becomes more of an issue. With his body type and lack of offseason conditioning he will never stay mobile enough to stick at 3B down the road. Send him out for arms while his stock is high! I did not see any thoughts in this post on Sale.....????
    You’re stuck with Sale until he proves he’s healthy. Nobody is gonna pay prospect capital and the salary for the broken down version of Sale pre-TJS. If TJS was all he needed and his shoulder issue is behind him, then I could see the Sox moving him. Imagine he comes back chucking 97 and hitting corners? He’d return an immense haul of talent. But there’s a very real chance that person doesn’t exist anymore due to the shoulder. We will see

  11. #11
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    22,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Noles_1335 View Post
    Completely agree.... we may fall so far behind other teams that actually acquire talent and not double AA scrubs, it will be to far gone to complete with the big boys!
    As disappointing as signing Martin Perez is, as it stands now only 5 free agents have signed deals longer than 2 years and only 10 more have even signed 2 year deals. There are lots of good players left...

  12. #12
    Deity
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    22,432
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    It's a good thing other posters are not as alarmist as you are. I agree with Jackson---. Bloom is doing a good job of bringing the team back into contention and will make value moves to make that happen. There is a lot of harm that has to be undone. I do expect several more solid moves before the season starts and one more this coming week. The Sox will be far more respectable in 2021 and start to be seen as a serious contender in 2022.
    Bloom is doing good things to help the future, but that doesn’t mean you ignore the present. The Sox still have to put a watchable product on the field. After all, that is what this entire business is about - being a watchable product...
    Last edited by notin; 01-17-2021 at 10:35 AM.

  13. #13
    Deity Kimmi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    24,621
    Bloom is the anti-Dombrowski. Anyone expecting a bunch of Dombrowski type moves is likely going to be disappointed. That's not to say that Bloom won't eventually make a big free agent signing or a big trade, but now is not the time for either of those, for many reasons.

  14. #14
    Deity Bellhorn04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    29,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Bloom is the anti-Dombrowski. Anyone expecting a bunch of Dombrowski type moves is likely going to be disappointed. That's not to say that Bloom won't eventually make a big free agent signing or a big trade, but now is not the time for either of those, for many reasons.
    We certainly didn't need another DD right now.

    However...

    -We traded Mookie Betts and made much of the advantages of the tax re-set.
    -As of Jan. 17, our upgrades to a .400 team are Matt Andriese and Hunter Renfroe.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

    Theme song of 2020 Red Sox: "Tanks for the Memories"

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Bloom is Doug good things to help the future, but that doesn’t mean you ignore the present. The Sox still have to put a watchable product on the field. After all, that is what this entire business is about - being a watchable product...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    Bloom is the anti-Dombrowski. Anyone expecting a bunch of Dombrowski type moves is likely going to be disappointed. That's not to say that Bloom won't eventually make a big free agent signing or a big trade, but now is not the time for either of those, for many reasons.
    ... selecting and connecting consecutive talksox posts out of context, forwarding to Boston Red Sox PR Department...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •