Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sox sign Garrett Richards, pending physical

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Colome & Pillar
    And Moreland!

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    And Moreland!
    I'd rather have an extra RP'er of Marisnick.
    Sox 4 Ever

Ok but the Sox still need a reliever (or two, IMHO) and a CF.

Now if the $30 mill budget was accuate, that leaves $13 mill plus whatever was deferred in Hernandez’ deal...
    It could be that they sign a reliever and call it a day. Perhaps they go with what they have in the OF and reassess midseason.

Or perhaps we are all assuming that the Sox will stay under the cap when no such mandate exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    They're going over, I think. Bloom has been working on JH to loosen up and have fun.
    I'm not so sure that Bloom is necessarily on board with going over. He may prefer to have the reset intact in the upcoming years.

Colome & Pillar
    And Moreland!
    In!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    I'm not so sure that Bloom is necessarily on board with going over. He may prefer to have the reset intact in the upcoming years.
    The second sentence was attempted humor.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Deity
    I'd rather have an extra RP'er of Marisnick.
    Why get both Pillar and Marisnick?

I could see Almora (BABIP-fueled bounce back/breakout?) over one of them. But if the Sox need a 4th OF, Arroyo or Chavis can be used to push Kike out there...

Why get both Pillar and Marisnick?

I could see Almora (BABIP-fueled bounce back/breakout?) over one of them. But if the Sox need a 4th OF, Arroyo or Chavis can be used to push Kike out there...
    Because I traded Beni for a RP'er, and we'd need OF depth. (Maybe Miller would be better.)
    Sox 4 Ever

We happy about this seriously??? My God how Paethetic Chaim Bloom has made this 4 th place team .Tell me Guys and Gals how is this walking injury going to improve this team from a team on pace for 100 loss season last year to what ??... tell me please .This is a 79 win team as constructed and I’m pissed off .What happened to Boston sports ? Overnight they are door mats .Have at it celebrate another shitty castoff injury prone player .Yikes and Meanwhile the Yankees get Even better .Delusional if you think We are better than the Yankees Rays and Blue Jays ....what a GM .I say blow the damn Budget up and get an actual legit threat to other teams ....Osuna and elevate our young pitchers might as well .I am hopeful his medicals are so freaking bad we drop him like a hot pocket strait out the toaster oven .
    Last edited by Swiharts Ghost; 01-24-2021 at 10:15 PM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiharts Ghost View Post
    We happy about this seriously??? My God how Paethetic Chaim Bloom has made this 4 th place team .Tell me Guys and Gals how is this walking injury going to improve this team from a team on pace for 100 loss season last year to what ??... tell me please .This is a 79 win team as constructed and I’m pissed off .What happened to Boston sports ? Overnight they are door mats .Have at it celebrate another shitty castoff injury prone player .Yikes and Meanwhile the Yankees get Even better .Delusional if you think We are better than the Yankees Rays and Blue Jays ....what a GM .I say blow the damn Budget up and get an actual legit threat to other teams ....Osuna and elevate our young pitchers might as well .I am hopeful his medicals are so freaking bad we drop him like a hot pocket strait out the toaster oven .
    Robert Osuna and his torn UCL are not part of the solution.

Bloom reportedly has no budget. This means he is not allowed to sign Springer or Bauer...

Deity
    Because I traded Beni for a RP'er, and we'd need OF depth. (Maybe Miller would be better.)
    Sign Puig!

He’s like Ozuna, but less money and more crazy!!

Robert Osuna and his torn UCL are not part of the solution.

Bloom reportedly has no budget. This means he is not allowed to sign Springer or Bauer...
    Hang’em Chaim blew his wad on Hernandez for some bizarre reason!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Cook View Post
    Hang’em Chaim blew his wad on Hernandez for some bizarre reason!
    If “his wad” was a $7mill AAV contract, then maybe expectations need to be lowered in the face of an obvious budget crunch...

Bigger "wad" on Richards.
    Sox 4 Ever

If “his wad” was a $7mill AAV contract, then maybe expectations need to be lowered in the face of an obvious budget crunch...
    Since this is the first official Bloom offseason, I have no idea what to really expect.
    ( I won't say the "C word.")