Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Yanks acquire Jameson Taillon

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Maybe the trend is that good pitchers don't bring back top prospects, anymore.

Maybe, I'm behind the times. (It wouldn't be the first time I discovered that about myself.)
    I suspect Pitt moved Taillon when they could. He is a risk to make it to July, at least mroe so than most pitchers.

The Musgrove trade received mixxed reviews. As most fans know the top tier Padre prospects who were not invovled, the initial impression seems to be they sold low. But plenty of sites wqith ore in-depth knowledge of some of the players involved seemed to indicate that Cherington got a good haul for Musgrove. Part of the reason both deals looked questionable was Cherington appeared to (unlike most GMs) emphasize quantity over quality...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    I suspect Pitt moved Taillon when they could. He is a risk to make it to July, at least mroe so than most pitchers.

The Musgrove trade received mixxed reviews. As most fans know the top tier Padre prospects who were not invovled, the initial impression seems to be they sold low. But plenty of sites wqith ore in-depth knowledge of some of the players involved seemed to indicate that Cherington got a good haul for Musgrove. Part of the reason both deals looked questionable was Cherington appeared to (unlike most GMs) emphasize quantity over quality...
    The weird thing is, he publically stated he wanted top tier prospects for both, but he settled for quantity over quality.

I can understand why the Sox did not trade 3-4 prospects for 2 years or an injury-prone SP'er. One could argue we should be trading one of our injury-prone SP'ers for 4 prospects.

I hope Ben does well in PIT. I've always liked the Pirates and the city of Pittsburgh, but I think Taillon is going to do great things, the next 2 years.
    Sox 4 Ever

Taillon said today that he will be ditching his sinker and using his 4 seamer up in the zone more, a la Gerritt Cole. I expect humongous things from this kid

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Taillon said today that he will be ditching his sinker and using his 4 seamer up in the zone more, a la Gerritt Cole. I expect humongous things from this kid
    Great idea. Change everything.
    Sox 4 Ever